VIENNA

melle2o0

while in waiting for the new do & co to open inside the haas haus there's only one semi-decent place to stay, which is the terence conran owned das triest. vienna is really centered and focused inside the ring which makes it convenient (you can walk or bike on the free bikes anywhere): great for sightseeing (if baroque architecture is your cup of tea), shopping is somewhat lousy but except for the hundreds of nice cafés i've lost the name of, there are a couple of decent restaurants (restaurant fabio, my favourite, on tuchlauben strasse).

you've probably done the art collection in the museum quarter (once again, all centralised geographically) -- and one of my favourite private exhibit places in europe is located here as well: the bawag foundation, which is a charity founded by the austrian bank to promote cutting edge contemporary art. it's located coincidentally just across from the above mentioned restaurant...

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the informations. :)

i've been there too, mariahilfer & neubaugasse to go to the select shop PARK.

but except that mariahilferstr.'s just crowded shopping street fulled with stores like h&m.

here's an webpage to get some vienna adresses:

http://www.engholmengelhorn.com/VIENNA/vienna.html

and there's journal-format magazines that the unit f publish, and those are what you may pleased with.

Edited by melle2o0 on Dec 17, 2005 at 04:49 PM

guess, now it's my turn to check out wien or vienna as i'm going there on the 28th till jan. 4th. is there anything you'd recommend at this festive week?

danke. that's the only german word i know!