Workshirts

gimmegimme

I got a Jcrew chambray shirt on ebay for pretty cheap, but I noticed it didn't have the " selvedge side gusset" thingy pictured on the Jcrew website.

Did I get some cheaper version of the shirt?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/shirts/washedfavoriteshirts/PRDOVR~89634/89634.jspJ

strangebrew i think this was discussed on styleforum. the version you got is cheaper and was sold at outlet stores for less.

e: i dont know if its "cheaper" but it certainly has less details...

Laaaaame, the auction said it was the same shirt from the website. Oh well.

Turntabloid, I think you need to sign my petition that they do another run of the 14oz. denim shirt, including a size XL.

This one:

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/html/IHSH-02.html

I've been looking for that kind of shirt forever... Only other thing close is the Lee Riders shirt that they apparently no longer make. Seriously though, it may not hurt for you to send Iron Heart an e-mail too if you'd buy one... I'm sure that'd get you your fix!

haha, that is funny!

i am currently discussing this with giles (ironheart.co.uk).

he wants to do a re-run of either the 02, 09 or 13 (09 without yoke) in all of these 12oz denim selvage colors:

IMG_2540.jpg

black - indigo - red (wild)

maybe you guys could give some input!

sizes would come from S to XXL (!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290305410242

Was anybody else watching this? Too expensive to justify these days. Damn thing would've fit me too!

Saw that for sure, too rich for my blood these days.

Here's my collection. The stencils were made for me by a quite generous man:

Mister Freedom CPO

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

Sugar Cane:

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

Vintage DS thrift store find (the Ticonderoga was the ship my dad was on just before I was born):

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

Samurai herringbone twill:

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

wmmk, I think for the price, especially on sale, they are ok. But, don't expect the quality of the fabric or construction to be anywhere near most of the ones you see on this thread. I'd recommend saving up for one very good one that you can wear forever.

Guest jbone45
anyone have experience with those "koto" chambrays from urban outfitters? i know they're not as nice as japanese repros, uo has douchey management, etc., but I can't afford much more.

I'd rather have one nice shirt then 10 cheap shirts. Save your money, don't patronize UO.

I'd rather have one nice shirt then 10 cheap shirts. Save your money, don't patronize UO.

This man speaks all kinds of truth...two nice workshirts in rotation (assuming you wear a tshirt underneath and launder as needed) can last a year easy...and tend to get better the more they are worn...if you are looking for a bargain, you can't beat the Buzz Rickson.

I would love to enlist the help of anyone who owns the white chambray and either of the blue chambrays in the same size...has the shrinking been consistent (or at least close) between the two, or is there a marked difference because of the different material used. I am basically between sizes on the light blue shirt, and am trying to figure out what I should order for the white one. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

The Urban Outfitters one isn't that bad. I say this with full knowledge that I will receive negative reputation points. I don't particularly like the store or any of its patrons, but for the price, the shirt is not bad.