Workshirts

gimmegimme

Turntabloid, I bought it from BiG online. Being that I didn't want anything else from their store, and given their return policy of exchanges/store credit only within 10 days or so, I was stuck with the shirt. It's just a bit too small, and looks fine when worn open.

really, what chest size are you?! (preferred pit-to-pit measures ...)

preferred pit to pit is a 24 just like the BR I posted. I have a sugar cane XL denim workshirt that also fits me good. The Larges are fine but I'm not free of moving like I'd like to. I have SC chambray and hickory L and with a tee under them they're quite snug.

The real problem is that XL Canes are quite rare, you have a few on history preservation but only the denim styles. If you want some nice chambray, pin or hickory gotta fit in a L.

Since I'm 6'4 sleeves are also my other problem.

preferred pit to pit is a 24 just like the BR I posted. I have a sugar cane XL denim workshirt that also fits me good. The Larges are fine but I'm not free of moving like I'd like to. I have SC chambray and hickory L and with a tee under them they're quite snug.

The real problem is that XL Canes are quite rare, you have a few on history preservation but only the denim styles. If you want some nice chambray, pin or hickory gotta fit in a L.

Since I'm 6'4 sleeves are also my other problem.

hi -

some of the XXL Ironheart shirts on the selfedge website seem to have quite long sleeves, I noticed as I have the same problem.

I dont know if they shrink or not though, which has kept me from buying. When you're paying for premium brand prices, you need to know you can wash them on a hot wash without fear!!!

let me know if you do find any with long enough sleeves. :)

^ Thanks bro. The sugar cane denim shirt in Xl happens to have a pretty good fit. The sleeves ain't too short, even the body length is good, but depends on what you're looking for. But like I said for any other type than denim, can't find any good fit. I'll check the Iron heart thanks.

sc20773amont.jpg

I have tried to glean as much as I could before asking this...

I was on a big chambray kick a few months back, and was looking for cheaper alternatives to RRL, etc...

I found a shirt in a thrift store and really loved all the details, couldn't try it on, but bought it anyway. I got it home and put it on, I knew that these were designed to fit with 'room for movement' , but it was really(for lack of a better word) blouse-y. At that point I was even less exposed to 'work wear' and It just didn't seem to work.

I mailed it to my heavier set father, and just kind of forgot about it, until I glanced through this thread and saw all the great shirts.I am almost positive he never wears it, and am trying to figure out whether or not to reneg on my 'here dad have this'...

I am not 'into' workwear a ton, but liked this shirt.

I surfed through WAYWT and most of the chambray seemed to be more modern. So I am having a hard time knowing whether I should wear mine as-is or have it altered. How should an older chambray fit? How much blouse-i-ness is too much?, and is it going to look ridiculous with newer cut 501's?

(I apologize in advance for any stupid noobiness this post might emanate)

^^ yea, most shirts are ment to be tucked. I just ment that gusset-ed shirts can look good untucked aswell, even if long.

Those dickies looks nice, similiar to the carhartt pants I wear, which ofcourse is no surprise.. I wonder how these differ http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc40617/ .

I think the SC's might have riveted back pockets... these dickies are just bar tacked.

Also, the dickies have a pliers pocket, those SC don't.

And... the dickies are plenty cheaper.

Just ordered this from historypreservation.com

sc20775amont.jpg

They were a pleasure to deal with. The person who took my order was very pleasant, and was helpful and knowledgeable in helping to get the correct size.

Just got the shirt. It's a beauty. All the details are very nice. But... I just can't wear it. I don't have any nice tan work pants or anything. Just jeans. It really gives my outfit the "Canadian Tuxedo" look. I'm sad to have to return it, and even sadder at the $20 I'll lose in shipping. I may exchange it for one of the Buzz Rickson's loopwheeled crew neck sweatshirts.

It really gives my outfit the "Canadian Tuxedo" look...

Your "Canadian/Texas Tuxedo" has got nothing on mine.

For the last 3 days I've been wearing jeans, shirt, and a coat out of the same denim, just different weights...

What I mean to say it, don't let any of this bs stop you, if you want to pull it off, you pull it off, it's an attitude thing.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't sure at first, but with you folk's encouragement, I am gonna go for it. It's all about the swag. Add an old timey bit of flair and some boots and the 'tude, and it really comes together. My roomie's and my camera are both broken, but I'll toss up some pics if I can.