3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

Picked up some indigo pockets tees this weekend after I noticed they restocked on the 3sixteen website, and they already arrived this afternoon. I'm really glad I didn't hesitate (having missed out on the first run). These things are beefy and the indigo is a really nice rich color. If these turn out as durable as they seem, I think a couple black ones will be joining the wardrobe soon enough. :smile:  

Anyone here have any updates of their 21bsp?  I've seen Andrew's pair that they displayed at Self Edge but I haven't seen many other heavily faded pairs.

Here are some pics of my 21bsp. I've had them about 3 and a half years. I don't remember how many washes, but I've had them repaired at Self Edge twice.

21bsp-01.jpg

21bsp-02.jpg

Edited by evanl

Here are some pics of my 21bsp. I've had them about 3 and a half years. I don't remember how many washes, but I've had them repaired at Self Edge twice.

21bsp-01.jpg

21bsp-02.jpg

Awesome! We're doing a tour of them over at reddit. I'll link some pictures here

Met Andrew @SENY yesterday while looking for something in the shadow selvedge.  Just a genuinely awesome dude and incredibly welcoming.   

Unfortunately the back rise of the120x I brought home cannot contain my more-than-ample badonkadonk, so if anyone wants a once worn (from SE to home) slightly discounted pair of 34s, PM me.  

Will definitely be keeping tabs on any pending shadow releases in the fuller cuts.  Understand you can't do every denim in every cut.

Edited by sombrero

Met Andrew @SENY yesterday while looking for something in the shadow selvedge.  Just a genuinely awesome dude and incredibly welcoming.   

Unfortunately the back rise of the120x I brought home cannot contain my more-than-ample badonkadonk, so if anyone wants a once worn (from SE to home) slightly discounted pair of 34s, PM me.  

Will definitely be keeping tabs on any pending shadow releases in the fuller cuts.  Understand you can't do every denim in every cut.

I got a pair of the 32bsp a few months ago and the cut is basically perfect. If you get a chance, try those on

Hi, Alex!!

Maybe everyone here can help me. I've been looking for 4 months now for a 3sixteen crosscut flannel in teal size large. I can't find one new or used. If anyone has any leads out on one I would really appreciate it.

Just got my 3sixteen ST-130x in today, I'll give some thoughts in comparison to my ST-200x and some SL-100x (but sold cause it was too big) I bought a few years ago. The denim does not feel like 17oz and has a softer feel than their old denim they used a few years ago (~2010). The older denim was a lot more cardboard-like but this has a similar feel but not as much. Its still somewhat smooth to the touch just like their current 14.5oz denim and thicker too. Another thing, in my opinion, the 130x denim does not feel as tightly woven like the 200x denim I have, which I've been trying to stretch out for a while but to no avail.

I definitely love the new buttons, rivets, and the pocket bags which seem to be big improvements from the ST-200x jeans I have and look better too. Im going to be wearing these for the DWC unless I cave in and buy their 18oz +21bsp which I've been eyeing for a while now. 

I am definitely going to enjoy wearing these jeans.

Anyone here have any updates of their 21bsp?  I've seen Andrew's pair that they displayed at Self Edge but I haven't seen many other heavily faded pairs.

I saw a slightly faded pair sell on ebay and those pics alone make me want to buy them. I think that the 18oz denim is very underrated and because there are no pics of it. I am highly considering getting them as my next pair.

I don't usually post photos, but since you asked here are my 21bsp.  Over three years of frequent wear.  Lots of machine washes (cold water, Dr. Bronner's soap, hang dry).  These are slooooooooow to fade, but rewarding and tough as nails.  The heavyweight, loomstate denim is one of the great values out there if you're into longevity and have some patience.  They were rough, scratchy, and stiff for the fthe first year or so, and did the "stand up on their own" thing after several washes throughout that first year.  Fades didn't really become significant until perhaps the second year.  At that time, they looked pretty similar to evanl's, posted above--deep, inky, midnight blue with some high-contrast fades in some spots.  I'd like to think they're now about halfway through their useful lives.  I'll be thrilled if I get another three years out of them and they keep fading at the (admittedly slow) rate that they have been fading so far.  

Recent crotch repair at Self Edge (stitching gave up, not the denim), and replaced top button--too bad, I liked the original button and the replacement is pretty generic.  Not shown is a repair to one of the pocket bags.  I snagged it with my keys, and just used an iron-on patch I had laying around to fix it.  Worked pretty well.

Sorry for the photo quality.  I just have my phone, and it's -12F outside so natural light is not happening anytime soon.  Even so, color is fairly accurate in these shots, and you can make out the vertical falling in the first shot.

IMG_20150220_094359.jpg

IMG_20150220_094319.jpg

IMG_20150220_094341.jpg

IMG_20150220_094435.jpg

Edited by cthip

what length do you guys hem your inseam to? thinking of hemming it an inseam of 31inches. im around 5 feet 9

I'm 6'1" and don't hem any of my denim.  The 21bsp posted above has a 39" inseam (maybe closer to 36" or 37" after washing).  I get mild/moderate stacks as pictured, but nothing crazy.  My other jeans are in a similar range, 36"-37" inseams pre-soak, maybe a little shorter after.

Edited by cthip