3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

I currently have a pair of SL-220x which I'm happy with. I'm currently on the hunt for a pair of discret standard blue indigo jeans, so naturally my idea was the SL-100x. I have some questions though.

My 220x are really stiff, even though I've worn them for a couple of months. I don't think they have stretched much (or atleast far less than any other denim I've owned). I currently wear s32, but they are slightly big around waist, though rest is good. I was thinking, could I size down the atleast to 31 (-1 size) for the 100x fabric hoping for them to stretch out for a better mold? I don't think I can go much smaller than my 220x in size 32 as for thigh measurement, but if the 100x does stretch more it might be the better option.

Thanks in advance. Really hoping my next pair will be another pair of 3sixteen :)

I picked up a pair of the 11BSP jeans yesterday from Rivet & Hide.

An amazing Unsanforised fabric - so much slub and character. There's some serious Samurai type texture going on here. A nice18oz weave.

Perfect british winter weight, and a really well proportioned straight cut. A good type 47 (variation) as far as I can tell.

Not loose at all but just the right silouete.

Why aren't these more popular??

I suspect these might be one of the most underrated jeans I've come across. And all Made in Japan!

Bring on the cold weather.

Oh, I also picked up a 2 Pack of grey T-shirts.

These are mint too!

Cheers

I am biased, but I love the 11/21bsp denim as well. My pair is coming up on 4 years and the fabric keeps on getting more and more interesting. Enjoy your pickups and thanks for the support!

I currently have a pair of SL-220x which I'm happy with. I'm currently on the hunt for a pair of discret standard blue indigo jeans, so naturally my idea was the SL-100x. I have some questions though.

My 220x are really stiff, even though I've worn them for a couple of months. I don't think they have stretched much (or atleast far less than any other denim I've owned). I currently wear s32, but they are slightly big around waist, though rest is good. I was thinking, could I size down the atleast to 31 (-1 size) for the 100x fabric hoping for them to stretch out for a better mold? I don't think I can go much smaller than my 220x in size 32 as for thigh measurement, but if the 100x does stretch more it might be the better option.

Thanks in advance. Really hoping my next pair will be another pair of 3sixteen  :)

The 100x denim is woven exactly the same way as the 220x denim so you should expect them to perform very similarly. Overall our 14.5oz denim doesn't stretch much compared to other brands, as you've experienced firsthand. If I were you I'd stick with the 32 to be safe, the 31 will be painful and won't stretch as much. If you are open to trying our 17oz. 130x denim, that fabric does stretch more - you can expect 1.5" of stretch in the waist over the first 20 wears. 

Any possibility of pocket-tee restocks in size M? 

We're about 3 weeks out on full restocks in every color/size. And we'll also be releasing our heavyweight yarn-dyed indigo tee for the first time.

Edited by ajchen

10645217_10152407094237499_8326027390531

For those of you who've grown fond of the 30BSP fit: next week, the 32BSP arrives at all Self Edge stores. It's the 30BSP fit in our flagship 14.5oz shadow selvedge denim with a brand new patch design courtesy of our buddy Tron of Tanner Goods. We ran 100 pairs of the 32BSP and as of now there aren't any plans to replenish them once they've sold out. Swing by your nearest Self Edge store to check them out, or look for them to post online at selfedge.com soon.

I don't know if it's just me but - what's the difference in thigh/waist/rear sizing for the 30BSP vs the SL100X model? The SL100x is perfect except for the butt/thighs which sadly need a little more room...will a 30BSP give me more space to feel comfy in?

Thanks!

^yes. The 30bsp has a roomier top block. Ideally suited for people with bigger thighs or who prefer more space.

My brother found that this was the pair that fitted him of all the 3sixteens as he has big legs. The fit is still very flattering as well.

I'm sure the silouet tapers in the same way as well as the sl100x too.

I have both the SL and the 30bsp, both in a 31. The bsp has a taller back rise, I would say just a little bit more room in the top block but still rather slim, realisticly the same size in the upper thigh but more room in the lower thigh near the knee. Also a slimmer leg opening than the SL but you don't notice as much because of the taper. Also the denim is a lot stiffer and starchier at first.

I have both the SL and the 30bsp, both in a 31. The bsp has a taller back rise, I would say just a little bit more room in the top block but still rather slim, realisticly the same size in the upper thigh but more room in the lower thigh near the knee. Also a slimmer leg opening than the SL but you don't notice as much because of the taper. Also the denim is a lot stiffer and starchier at first.

This is a pretty accurate description of the differences. For me, the 30BSP is very comfortable in the top block from day 1 despite the stiffer denim, and the SL in the same size is a bit more constricting (but loosens up just fine after a month or so).

I don't know if it's just me but - what's the difference in thigh/waist/rear sizing for the 30BSP vs the SL100X model? The SL100x is perfect except for the butt/thighs which sadly need a little more room...will a 30BSP give me more space to feel comfy in?

Thanks!

At size 34, an SL is unbelievably uncomfortable in the thighs (not to mention rather unbecoming) and the waist has some gapping.

The 30bsp is notably roomier in the thighs as it neither looks or feels restrictive for me, and because of the proportions between the hip and waist, and the waist on the 30bsp sits far more naturally on me than the SL. 

I'd be interested to hear some more information about the indigo dyed heavy weight tees.

Are they going to be sold in packs like the other tee options?

They're sold in two packs and come both with or without pockets.  The indigo shade is real flavorful.

We have them now at all Self Edge stores (SESF only has pocketed version).

Edited by kiya

They're sold in two packs and come both with or without pockets.  The indigo shade is real flavorful.

We have them now at all Self Edge stores (SESF only has pocketed version).

Nice, might have to grab a pack of them soon as indigo tees go really well with the Roy ducks.

These might have to be my replacement for the indigo dyed SG tees that were mentioned awhile ago as I doubt I can fit into 'em.

Those are the best we've seen yet, you're about to be contacted by 3sixteen.

Anyone knows how to fit the SL-100? Im currently wearing APC New Cure Size 27. 

We generally have people size up one from their APC size, so you'd go for a 28 in the SL-100.  Even then the jean may be a bit snug when new but it'll stretch out a little bit within a week or two of wear.