usa :: miami :: general

dsquared

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

um not really sure what you guys are into and i'm gonna assume that "we're all 20 year old guys" means 20 somethings, cause your options for being only 20 will be unknown to me. My two favorite places in miami are the pawnshop and io. Other big huge nice places are Opium Garden, Prive, and Mansion. I rarely go but they are nice.

regarding weed, the nice thing about miami is if you have enough money you can do anything. I don't smoke weed but I smell it plenty in the vip sections of Opium Garden, Prive, and Mansion. So if you can roll like that then you're set, otherwise go smoke on the beach i guess or something.

I'd say weed in VIP is often straight but u know u better be coming very correct to smoke weed in the club. I wouldn't assume it's OK. Oh yeah and if you are 20 shit forget about it... Spiderpussy at Soho Lounge on Saturdays is a very popular 18+ night tho with a million rooms playing everything u'd want to hear but its a teenfest. Maybe u like the teens though.

I always go to Pawn Shop on Friday and District on Saturday. Both are kind of indie/hipster nights (indie rock remixes, obligatory dirty south song, at least 2 M.I.A. songs per hour, electro, 80's, something ironic, same old same old) but in Miami this is a totally different scene because no one is scrubby everyone is rich. Music always ranges from aight to awesome there and the crowd is better than alot of other clubs where its just packed with vertical stripes and bimbos.

For the "Miami Beach" experience the Shore Club is really nice... Outside, poolside, by the ocean, different rooms, good music in some of them (the Red room was getting crazy last time I was there with the rap/80s standards) and when u are ready to leave just jump in the pool and then get kicked out... YES!!

District is mostly open air too which is nice... Cuz really its all about the weather, the weather...

IT GETS WACKER BY THE SECOND!

I cosign on Shore Club, real nice and chill outside. The red room right there for a nice bar/lounge. Dope setup all around. Opium is probably one of the coolest clubs i've seen around setupwise but there usually is a large crowd waiting to get in. Both places are packed with the hottest women and usually don't dissapoint.

• 2 months later...

over there recently and spotted a cool new store called arrive.

it's at 100 16th st. between washington and collins.

great range of brands: BBC, creative recreation kicks, evisu,

Y-3 etc etc.

male and female well represented, and a real slick shopfit, and

fiendly staff.

recently partnered up with little brooklyn to auction off some

plushes as well.

go check out.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, looking for some info or recommendations for hotels in Miami.

I'm planning to head over there late september for a week or so before heading up to NY.

So basically, what I am looking for...which specific areas to stay...Downtown or South Beach and what hotels in each area.

Planning just to chill out during the day, perhaps do some shopping, few bars at night etc, nothing too dramatic.

Dont want to spend a fortune so it pretty much rules out places like the Shore Club etc.

Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers

AlanT

• 5 months later...

it's somewhere in between 5th and 9th near ocean drive in miami, don't know what you'll be doing but i'd say it's very likely you'll be in the neighborhood if you go to south beach. i never went in but wanted to.

the exterior doesn't fit in with the south beach aesthetic too much, but whatev

• 2 months later...

there's a couple of cool stores. Base on Lincoln Rd. in South Beach & Off the Wall at Sunset Place. Both have a decent selection, but are a bit pricey

Good places to eat on the beach are Hofbrau Munchen (german) on Lincoln Rd. right by Base & Fratelli La Buffala on Washington & 5th (i think) awesome Italian food. The rest of the places on the beach are so so and pricey

Hope this if useful

A "cool" store is Arrive on 17th at Collins. They have everything from limited Nikes to Cloak.

www.arrivemiami.com/

Eat at CheeseBurger Baby on Washington. One of the best burgers i've had and I've had a lot.

www.cheeseburgerbabyusa.com/

If you want to try "the best burger in the USA" as listed in GQ go up collins about 30 min to Hollywood, FL and go to a place called Le Tub. Go at lunch, the wait isnt as bad. It is huge (13 oz.) Its a dive but get a table on the water and watch the yachts go by. The waitress are 'characters' to put it nicely.

Also for some of the best sushi I've ever had forget Nobu and go to Shoji, Ocean and 1st. Make a res or go late.

www.shojisushi.com/

for some cheaper food I think same owner as Shoji try Big Pink in the same area (Collins and 5th maybe?) for sweet potato fries.

Cafeteria on Lincoln is good food too, open 24 hrs.

The Shore Club is a busy place at night, lots of gorgoeus women. Check it out.

Also, Pawn Shop is a cool club designed to look like a pawn shop.

www.thepawnshoplounge.com

this is a little more 'hipster', shore club is a little more 'hollywood'

I assumed you were going to be in south beach... all of these place are there except for le tub and pawn shop (miami, not miami beach).

have fun, I love south beach.

Big Pink is right across Opium Garden/Prive, it's on Collins & 2nd i believe.

didn't get to go to shore club, wanted to check out that open air lounge.

Joe's Stone Crab is alright if a bit overrated...if you do go, forget the 3-hour waits at the main restaurant and just get from Joe's take out right next door. You can sit down there too and it's a lot faster, basically the same food.

Skip Carpaccio's at Bal Harbour...i don't see why that restaurant stays packed. I went there one night and it was really mediocre.

definately check out arrive and base, especially base which is one of my favorite stores

. theres also the Barney's co-op on collins, not exactly nyc level but I guess its worth checking out. those are pretty much the stores to check out.

lincoln road mall is really big but most stores sell eurotrash brands and true religions with a couple of slight exceptions. but anyway worth walking through.

• 2 weeks later...

please help, anyone know of hot places to buy interesting clothes? women's preferably.

Absolutely no good places for men's clothes in Miami. Its all trashy club shit or frumpy overpriced garbage. For women, you've got the usual shit like Versace, Chanel, Gucci...really though, Miami is terrible for clothes shopping. Best to just spend the money on entertainment.