General TV show discussion

mrip

true detective finale was pretty good i thought. finally made some sense of everything and the cabin shootout (and the whole episode really) was on some GTA type shit.

wet hot american summer first day of camp cameo appearances are out of control, in a hilariously good way. i liked it even more than the movie

jim gaffigan show is okay. has it's funny moments but if you've seen his standup (or read either of his books) it's all pretty familiar. no laugh track and a good supporting cast will keep me watching for now (comedy central)

edit: aww damn, your boy Marlo Stanfield in the newest episode of The Strain, haha

Edited by jayrock

At least Christian Slater wasn't completely imaginary I guess.

They could still dial back on the buzz words a bit. Other tech related shows like Silicon Valley and Halt and Catch Fire are able to be relevant without the barrage of terms flying at you. It's like the writer is trying to show off for the audience almost then at the same time they do stuff to dumb it down for the average Joe that's completely unnecessary like when dude named his "hacking" laptop with his own first name lol, as if the viewers couldn't put 1 and 1 together for that scene

ZMtwSfZ.jpg

That said, I'm really liking the Tyrell storyline. That dude really wants that CTO job eh

Edited by jayrock

With mr robot, I had tried to stop myself from jumping to too many theories about it. I never really picked up on the theory of mr robot not being real. I just really hope he doesn't turn out to be elliot. That would be a complete fight club rip off, with the plot to try to take out the credit history of everybody.

With mr robot, I had tried to stop myself from jumping to too many theories about it. I never really picked up on the theory of mr robot not being real. I just really hope he doesn't turn out to be elliot. That would be a complete fight club rip off, with the plot to try to take out the credit history of everybody.

:(

mr robot is hardly diminished by using an idea you've seen alread; within the context of everything that's gone on it works. it felt more of an homage than a straight rip-off anyway.

it was a great ep, the series' trajectory is still headed upwards for me.

+

this was the deadest week in tv in a while, finally broke out The Corner boxset i've been hoarding for a time like this. I'm halfway through but It's really, really... really good.