General TV show discussion

mrip

General curiosity caused me to start watching sense8, but that 4 non blondes moment caused me to put that shit back into the sea. If you've seen it you'll know what im talking about. Iv never felt so embarrassed for 8 people at once before.

General curiosity caused me to start watching sense8, but that 4 non blondes moment caused me to put that shit back into the sea. If you've seen it you'll know what im talking about. Iv never felt so embarrassed for 8 people at once before.

that show is an odd mix of cornball and really great cinematic moments; fwiw i thought what you mention was the last considerably cringeworthy moment on it. show was made for a big tv, have to say.

true detective is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bad this season vince vaughan is shite miss you magz

re: true detective (possible spoiler?)

i don't understand how, but i don't think ray is dead

this is simply based off teasers from before the season aired 

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/05/14/662f43a6-7b07-4119-9be7-36ffad2306da/resize/900x600/2fc9d65e36b1975f738d0018db152726/150514-news-true-detective.jpg

(17-19 seconds)

you can see he is runnin around with paul in body armor. doubtful that this happened in the past

re: true detective (possible spoiler?)

i don't understand how, but i don't think ray is dead

this is simply based off teasers from before the season aired 

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/05/14/662f43a6-7b07-4119-9be7-36ffad2306da/resize/900x600/2fc9d65e36b1975f738d0018db152726/150514-news-true-detective.jpg

(17-19 seconds)

you can see he is runnin around with paul in body armor. doubtful that this happened in the past

he is confirmed not dead via set shots, but besides that Caspere was shot with non lethal rounds so it stands to reason Ray was too (plus no blood)

anyone still watch Masters of Sex? season 3 started last night, but i really had to work to make it through season 2 and the show is pretty meh at this point imo

guess i'll give mr. robot another shot, can't wait to see how many buzz words they cram into e02

ray donovan starting back up again too. glad i started on that show, about halfway through s02 and really liking it so far. the family dynamic makes for some pretty good drama

re: true detective, the second episode did give me a bit more hope for the rest of the season. seems like they're getting back to the good parts of s01, like the mysterious bad guys and ending on pretty good cliff hangers that keep the audience involved. going back and looking on s01, that was most of its appeal. had you gone back and watch the entire thing in a single binge season, i don't think it would have been nearly as enjoyable as watching it live. the writing in s02 is coming off as a little try-hard, going for the "time is a flat circle" moment at every possible venture, but i guess part of that is just the creator's style.

I loved the first season of Masters of Sex, but the time jump in the second was so insanely awkward. I had to work to get through that too. Bill Masters kind of turned into a cartoon villain, glowering and drinking and glaring at his kid. They're still doing some really cool stuff though-- the episode that took place during the boxing match was fantastic. 

I love Halt and Catch Fire, even though Joe drives me insane. He's like, a snake keeps feeling bad about being a snake. Gordon is my favourite, awkward or not-- Scoot McNairy is killing it. And Bosworth has somehow turned into the best character-- didn't he pay some cops to beat Joe senseless not but a year ago? 

oh that Cameron Howe... thinks she's sooooo smart, hehe. Donna is the one holding Mutiny together! can't you see that Cameron!! (well, when Gordon isn't screwing something up)

yeah, not sure of Bosworth's endgame but he's definitely been an MVP character as of late. really enjoying the progression of season 2 so far

last two episodes of hannibal... damn. poor will graham can't catch a break. great ending this week tho, looking forward to the next episode. hopefully someone picks this show up and saves it. it not, i guess it's not the end of the world, but it would be a shame because visually speaking there's nothing even close to this

dunno if this is worthy of spoiler or not, as it's kinda inconsequential at this point, but

what's the deal with jack's wife? did he intentionally overdose her medicine or was that an accident? was a couple episodes ago

watched The Fall on netflix, both seasons, pretty impressive. gillian anderson doing her thing

mr. robot is getting a little better i guess, still not sure where i stand on that show. just waiting for the inevitable reveal where mr. robot doesn't exist at all and is just a figment of elliot's imagination, ala fight club

last two episodes of hannibal... damn. poor will graham can't catch a break. great ending this week tho, looking forward to the next episode. hopefully someone picks this show up and saves it. it not, i guess it's not the end of the world, but it would be a shame because visually speaking there's nothing even close to this

dunno if this is worthy of spoiler or not, as it's kinda inconsequential at this point, but

what's the deal with jack's wife? did he intentionally overdose her medicine or was that an accident? was a couple episodes ago

watched The Fall on netflix, both seasons, pretty impressive. gillian anderson doing her thing

mr. robot is getting a little better i guess, still not sure where i stand on that show. just waiting for the inevitable reveal where mr. robot doesn't exist at all and is just a figment of elliot's imagination, ala fight club

She wanted to die , but was also about to deny jack a goodbye , hannibal helped with that.

I can't for the life of me figure out what NBC thought when they put Hannibal on? I love it but it was never going to be a 'hit' show now was it? It's way too dark, artsy and violent for the mass populace. Should have been an HBO, Showtime or at the very least FX show.

td  s2 e5 ending s/t

alexandra savior  "risk"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EdaKRUc-3A

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhuwqgjcvfv494s/Risk%20(Demo)%20-%20Alexandra%20Savior.mp3?dl=0

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Have to check out Deutschland 83 eventually, although I have yet to even start Sundance's other darling Rectify

Season 2 for Halt and Catch Fire and Bojack Horseman are so good, better than the first seasons I'd say. Gives me hope for the Rick and Morty S02 premiere this Sunday

The Strain is still totally campy, feeling like a comic book adaptation in a good way. Kinda dumb but entertaining enough

Edited by jayrock

Just to change the pace mention a few that are not represented here yet

I'm two episodes into " The Brink " with Jack Black based on a stand off between the US and Pakistan and I'm hooked so far ,I just hope they can keep the momentum going .

Another is " Glitch " an Australian take on all those returned from the dead shows that seem to be flooding the box of late , iv watched season one in one sitting , be warned this one is a slow burn but hopefully setting up for a good season two .