General TV show discussion

mrip

tbh the True Detective trailer isn't that exciting compared to season 1

no problems with the cast (I think Vince Vaughn seems the most fitting actually) but the atmosphere just isn't there, story seems more like a generic cop drama

hopefully it's just the trailer

Half way through Daredevil and it's a pretty fun ride so far. Some good fight scenes like the hallway in e02, our lead guy from boardwalk doing pretty well, and I'm digging the main villain Fisk. Acting is a little over the top at first and you'll need the standard superhero disbelief to an extent, but I can understand the good reviews. Could also see people just as easily bunch this in with Agents of Shield, Flash, Arrow, Gotham, etc. Ymmv

Dunno why but I'm kinda surprised how violent it is, Netflix trying to separate itself I guess

edit: the intro is the dopest

Edited by jayrock

http://torrentfreak.com/first-episodes-of-game-of-thrones-season-5-leak-online-150412/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29

The first four episodes of the new Game of Thrones season have leaked online a day before the official premiere. The leaked episodes, which appear to come from review copies sent to the press, have been downloaded more than 100,000 times in just three hours.

they're 480p, don't waste your time. will still have to wait weeks for the next episode anyway, might as well just watch the full HD releases live

silicon valley, last week tonight, and mad men also in the queue for tonight too. shit's about to get real

http://torrentfreak.com/first-episodes-of-game-of-thrones-season-5-leak-online-150412/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29

they're 480p, don't waste your time. will still have to wait weeks for the next episode anyway, might as well just watch the full HD releases live

silicon valley, last week tonight, and mad men also in the queue for tonight too. shit's about to get real

Cheers, thansk for the info will wait for the good quality and get my pop corn rdy xD

justified is killing it, what u on about m8

Series finale was pretty good. Awesome show if anyone hasn't seen it yet, great characters all around

Also I'm about 4-5 episodes into Bloodline, really liking it so far. Interesting story telling method and episode structure, really looking forward to wrapping it all up.

edit: almost finished with bloodline, stressing me out

edit2: finals thoughts / spoilers

that ending sucked. danny told the drug kingpin that his brother stole the cocaine from him, DEA interviewed him, and then... ??? would have been much more satisfying if the DEA woulda figured it out and busted them (almost hinted at it with the brother-in-law interrogation) or the drug lord just takes that entire shitty family out. i guess they're bringing the kid in to attempt a second season?? anthology with a more conclusive finish here would have been great imo, but man nooooo payoff at all. was very entertaining throughout the season, even knowing the final result (danny getting killed) so soon, but that's a part of the story telling technique which will be hard to replicate again. just wish they woulda wrapped everything up better, some shows really don't need multiple seasons... but we'll see how it goes i guess /rant

Edited by jayrock

fortitude is sick, there is a spectacular payoff half-way through the series which is well, well worth the build up.

i made like 3 posts about it in a row, thinking i'm probably being too obnoxious.

ofc it wasn't enough, as is the sufu way.  :rolleyes:

+

finished six feet under, finale was superb. (a bit miffed about maya going with brenda but i guess it makes sense)

++

the americans' series finale was on last night, anyone watch? *oh dear jennings family, oh dear

+++

justified's finale was perfect. timothy olyphant goat

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

was gonna give that hollywood cc show a chance. tried the late show with larry wilmore but just wasn't feeling it. the round table format and a bunch of jokers trying their best half serious / half joking colbert impressions... meh. when daily show finally goes off the air in august looks like last week tonight will be the true torch bearer for that format.

started up rome recently out of the blue, as i've heard nothing but rave reviews about it. so far so good

online vimeo series high maintenance has been picked up by hbo, may be worth checking out

yeah i watched wilmore's show for a month but gave it up, hated the forced gestures and constant reminders that's he's black. the unique aspect of the show is the roundtable and like you say it's just a competition between them to say whatever's funniest.

he does cover good topics from time to time, he should do his own thing instead of trying to emulate colbert.

also, not sure if it annoys anyone else as much, but he does this weird mumbling when he finishes a sentence that is really grating.

Any emerging non-US TV that's of particular interest? Finally watched Black Mirror (and had a blast), but English TV isn't much of a stretch.

^^ season 3 of Bron/Broen / The Bridge starts soon I think, that kinda counts. Still haven't seen the first two yet

online vimeo series high maintenance has been picked up by hbo, may be worth checking out

Pretty good stuff here, early episodes/seasons are super short too which make for a quick viewing

Edited by jayrock