General TV show discussion

mrip

walking dead sucks. stopped watching last season right before carol killed that little girl. no regrets.

that said, i probably will start on the comics soon. i just finished up 2/3 of the comics for the strain (first series + the fall, pretty good).

Edited by jayrock

Damn, how have I not seen this thread before.

The Knick has been mentioned quite a bit the last few pages but I'll just add to that, whole season has been pretty great.

"How to get away with murder" is pretty good too, if you like that kind of series.

"Forever" is by far the best new lighthearted new-crime-every-week-type of series
I liked "Gracepoint" too, not as good as Broadchurch but David Tennant puts in a good performance.
Lastly this season of "Banshee" was also really good, and for comedy "You're the worst" is probably my favorite atm.

^brilliant imo

+

new series started on bbc called the missing, it's pretty good so far

the fall is returning soon too

Thinking of watching the missing, how many eps so far?

should i watch bridge remake or og? the us/mexico dynamic seems a lot more interesting to me tho

I liked the Scandi series a lot but haven't seen the remake, I guess it is a little bit funnier if you understand stereotypes Danes and Swedes hold about one another. It's not like I'm an expert on their culture anyway but a few notions help.

I haven't seen The Bridge og but I have seen the US remake. There's not much to say about it. There are some interesting questions but then gets a bit fantastical. If you loved Breaking Bad season 3 (with the crazy Tuco cousins) you'll probably like The Bridge.

Newsroom  :wacko: . Sorkin consistently delivers the same type of shows and I love hate-watching every episode.