General TV show discussion

mrip

rick and morty is probably my favorite show on right now

vikings got picked up a 3rd season. the current season is good so far, i like the series. the first season just felt pretty rushed, almost as if they didn't know if they would be renewed or not. but they've built up some interesting characters to this point.

edit: finished up breaking bad... pretty amazing. also house of cards season 2.

Edited by jayrock

• 2 weeks later...

what about the most disgusting thing seen in the show until now?

this is pretty much why i haven't watched it yet, i can't really hang with all the gore. is it that bad even?

about halfway through season 1 of spartacus and also just started banshee. pretty pumped for game of thrones tomorrow, and silicon valley could be good too i guess

this is pretty much why i haven't watched it yet, i can't really hang with all the gore. is it that bad even?

MagsÃ¥vningsreserven wasn't referring to gore but to an unlikely unlikable pairing. The GoF equivalent would be Sansa Stark with... Tywin Lannister?! Spartacus and GoT have lots more gore (Hannibal is still a network show after all) so that shouldn't discourage you from watching. 

Shameless is a show that I haven't seen all the episodes, but enough to know the characters and general outline. Funny show, but I have no urge to go back for earlier stuff

Game of Thrones delivers as always

Four years too late, but finished up Spartacus S01 last night and was pretty satisfied, especially the finale.

Good Portlandia and Workaholics this past week, and Rick and Morty is the best animation on TV right now, bar none. Love that show.

(Archer has taken kind of a weird turn this season but still funny)

Edited by jayrock

in my eyes mad men's been in constant ascent, i was fearful of a dip in the final season but if the first ep was anything to go by, it's gonna be fantastic.

as i was watching the opening scene, i was thinking, 'holy shit this is great'; when he walks into don's apartment i was thinking, 'HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GREAT'.

B)

this week's song over credits is apt and jammin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwfW9WwIXLk

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

brush off your deerstalkers, gents

http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/serial-killer-expert-analyzes-mad-men-for-clues.html

comments are interesting too...

*fwiw, i think it's too on the nose, but the detail involved is impressive. we shall see...

+

great editing on hannibal, particularly when margot's character was introduced B)

++

hannibal and orphan black on saturdays

mm, got, veep and good wife on sundays

B) b) all stellar episodes

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

• 2 weeks later...

just binge watched shameless and I'm almost caught up. maybe I don't watch enough tv but the product placement in shameless is pretty fucking apparent and seems to beat u over the head with it every episode. other than that decent show

Edited by cdglove

Wrapped up season 1 of The Americans, was not disappointed. Look forward to s02

Is workaholics finished after e13 for this season? Guessing so

Shit got pretty real on Mad Men this week, I think this final season will be a coming-of-age scenario for a lot of characters