4 replies to this topic

#1 the owl

the owl

semibored

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • joined 12 october 04

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:16 PM

what are the best charity shops and vintage shopping in London? best prices, least picked over, etc.

thanksmucho.

hoo.
knocking out your gold fronts.

#2 WhiteTrashAnth

WhiteTrashAnth

semibored

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • joined 18 august 04

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:53 PM

try around east end,. especially spittlfields and brick lane,.. like,... "beyond retro" etc...

they new shit in EVERY day,.... plus its fukkin massive

also,.. try the mainstreamer side to things in ROKIT,.. but they still have some good shit bit more overpriced than other "thrift stores" but worth a digs

#3 thomas_highstreet

thomas_highstreet

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  • joined 06 july 05
  • style:exotic
  • attitude:hater

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:52 PM

hmm.. spittalfields and bricky are no way the best place..

theyv'e got tons of cool stuff, but they're well expensive!!!! a friend of mine works in beyond retro though, went along the other day, although there is a hell of a lot of cool stuff, second hand levis cost like 18 quid.. and you can pick em up in most charity shops for about 3 quid... same with all the other stuff..

they were selling selvedge 501's (circa 80's - with the screened lable on back pocket and redline) for 80 fucking quid.. i picked up 3 pairs of them for a 15quid before...

south woodford has a bunch, which i used to get some right crackers from, but i went there the other day, and only got a tank.. was a nice one though ;)

mmm.. thrifting in london? its probably already dead.. theres too many vintage stores around bricky/shoreditch etc. that obviously run the charity gauntlet to source there stock very regularly..

if your willing to pay the london premiums, i deffinately would get down beyond retro and that, as ant said..

good luck young grasshopper.

thomas highstreet love idiot

#4 thomas_highstreet

thomas_highstreet

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  • joined 06 july 05
  • style:exotic
  • attitude:hater

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

infact.. just go to bricky/ditch to see the hords of cute girls.. itsssss fuckinnn greeeaaatttt..

honk honk

#5 WhiteTrashAnth

WhiteTrashAnth

semibored

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • joined 18 august 04

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

i mean yeh ofcourse yourl oftenly find better shit in local smaller unknown places

where i mentioned is defo tourist haven fo BITCHES n such likeness haha but this kid is prob coming to visit and has the most in small area to chek out

i agree the vintage scene shit is well dead al lthe good shits already been taken years back hhahah