clubs in New York

MyMindSpray

If you’re after a mainstream hip-hop club in NYC, then you can pretty much go to any of the "super-clubs" in the meat packing district.

Such as, Lotus, PM and Marque. But be prepared to deal with your typical meathead/jock dickheads along with those Barbie looking girls. Not to mention it will cost you to get in (unless you "know the promoter!" Lame!).

When I was there last year the only one of those clubs I could stand is a place called Hiro (on 16th and 9th) which doesn’t charge to get in. It used to be a real cool and small Rock and Roll bar, but they have expanded and are now doing that "hip-hop/rap/full of white kids" thing that everyone is doing. Hopefull they will return to the good old days. But it is fun sometimes I have to admit. Go on a Friday, Saturday for the big super massive mega nights or Tuesday and Thursday for the smaller nights. Sunday is boys night, so if you up for that check it out.

Later,

Bacon

• 1 month later...

unfortunately most of the nyc clubs are lame. dickhead door people, barbie-type russian whores, overpriced bottle service ($350+ for a bottle of vodka) and loads of assholes with black amex - if you're one of them or if you like this type of fun or just lookin' to get laid - places like marquee, cain, lotus and pink elephant should be considered.

• 2 weeks later...

apt is a dope hip hop spot and the rub in brooklyn plays a nice assortment of what ur looking for. also the smaller parties are easier to get into and are usually a better crowd. i mean i'll go to a pm, or a cielo once a blue if i know the dj or someone promoting that night (it's a nice change of pace from the same dirty downtown bars over and over), but actually paying cover and copping a bottle of goose for 3 bills is ridiculoid

that's right. 300+ for a bottle is insane. there's also this place in brooklyn called bembe - it is right under the williamsburg bridge. i went there once and it rocked - amazing crowd, cheap booze and cool vibe. definitely worth checking out.

Edited by sotek on Jan 29, 2006 at 05:53 PM

Edited by sotek on Jan 29, 2006 at 05:53 PM