buy your superad here !!

Photo
- - - - -

Best hotel concierges around the globe??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Black Bettie

Black Bettie

bored

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • joined 04 august 05

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:39 AM

Hi

I am writing a travel article on the best, on-the-pulse concierges around the globe and their innercity secret addresses. These are the people who know the clubs and bars of the moment, where to pick up the fashion must-haves that sum up the city's cutting edge style, the best hair colourist, flea market hitlists and unusual bespoke city tours.

Who have been your it-list saviours at hotels around the globes? I would love to interview the world's concierge experts whether they be in Paris, Shanghai, LA, Berlin, Marrakech or Buenos Aires.

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have.

#2 pharis

pharis

bored

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • joined 27 october 03

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

Santiago at the Design Suites & Towers in Buenos Aires was amazing when we were in the city. He pointed my girlfriend and I in the right direction for city's best shopping and nightlife. He made us feel like Portenos

The chap at JK Place in Florence is clued up on what's doing in the city, ditto the French bloke at Novecento in Venice. Sorry I can't remember their names.

In general, I've always been impressed with the concierges at the Four Seasons' hotels - NYC, Milan, Tokyo and Sydney in particular.

The guy at the Princeville in Kauai deserves a notable mention, although it might not make your list for city concierges.

#3 andreas

andreas

supertravel supereditor

• Pip
  • 155 posts
  • joined 21 october 03
  • style:old skool
  • denim:size 30

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:49 PM

I think you should do an article on Superfuture (and its crew) instead... ;-)