wallabees... worn out vs. fresh

showbiz00ditc

iive worn my black suede pair almost everyday for the past 3 years. (grade 10, 11, 12...private school)... they arent even that bad looking imo. but my buddy said i should just throw them out.

my question... do you feel that like wine,and denim... do wallabees get better with age, love and wear?

or

is it truly time to as he says "throw em out"

(which i wont actually do so dont come asking for me to send them to you instead. lol)

dang if your pair has lasted 3 years that's pretty good...i typically go thru a pair a year, BUT, at the same time i must say that a good pair of irish ones can tend to get better with age, and i'd have a hard time parting with them! The oldest pair i've got is 3 years old and they are soooo beat, but they're still the go-to shoe for strolling about the yard, taking out the trash or grabbing the mail. i'll try and post some pics...

yea i have two other pairs. one low black leather... and a high brown leather. so i do give them some wear.

i got mine (in canada) from Key shoes of england in a mall.

and yea thats same with me... im size 9.5 usually... andi think these blacks are size 8! they were tight at first but i busted em out a bit and have moulded to my foot now. soo comfortable. thats one reason i dont wanna get rid of em.

Definitely keep those. I think Wallys get better with age, especially the sand colored suede ones. Speaking of Wallys, I really do need to get a pair. I have a pair of of the Desert Trek boots, but they can get uncomfortable at times. Does anyone know if the Wallys fit like the Desert Treks?

it looks like it just based on the laces (irish ones are spongy and non-sheeny) and the distance between the sole and the top of the shoe in profile view (irish ones are slimmer from sole to top of shoe). Also, if you've got removable insoles they are -definitely- made in China. if it's not worn off, it should be printed on the inside of the tongue that they're made in China (unless i'm somehow completely wrong!).

The Padmore & Barnes on ebay are definitely genuine. I'd definitely go for those if they have your size.

The China-made crop of current Clarks Wallabees sold in the U.S. fit big.

The Padmore & Barnes up on eBay at the moment are U.S. sizes. Padmore & Barnes Wallabees fit smaller than current Clarks Wallabees, by about a size or half a size.

For instance if you wear a U.S. China-made Clarks 9.5, I'd go w/a U.S. P&B 10 or 10.5.

(U.S.-sized P&B's tend to fit more like your actual shoe size than U.S.Clarks Wallabees).

I wear 10.5 in most shoes and wear a 10 or 10.5 in U.S.-sized P&B's Wallabees...

(BUT, if you run across a pair from the UK, remember they're marked a size down)

Quote:

as i always say... rock the wallabees not the wannabees.

but i gotta admit ipath's got some dope joints. im not too into them just cause of the bulky skaterness to them

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Oct 24, 2005 06:44 PM

Patrick Cox did a shoe called 'Wannabe" once upon a time.....does he still do them?

Still rocking the tan suede hush puppies