Superawkward

scoki

This morning I took a physics midterm, went better than I thought it would except for a small mishap.

I was sitting in the second row from the front of the auditorium and finished my exam pretty early.  Went up to turn it in but realized that I forgot to write my section number on my exam, so I told the TA who was collecting the exams that I needed to go look it up.  Went back to my seat and, while still standing, got my laptop out of my bag and put it on the desk.  Upon opening my laptop I had a little moment of anxiety, realizing that I was standing up and everyone behind me could see me fumbling around with my laptop in the middle of a test, so i decided to sit down to cause less of a scene (in my mind that made sense).  I put my hand on the back of the folding auditorium seat to brace myself as I sat down, not realizing that the axis of the seat is located in the center and not the back.  The seat folded up around my arm, rotating perfectly so that it was vertical by the time my head came down and slammed into the top of it.  It made a huge noise and i almost knocked my laptop onto the floor in the process.  I tried act like nothing happened as I got up as fast as i could, checked my section, wrote it on my paper and got the fuck out of there, head still throbbing.  All I was thinking after was at least my glasses were unharmed.

An exercise in hive-mindedness. Its strange that the first comment got so many neg reps when there wasn't anything wrong with it IMO. People only neg repd it in droves when the second comment appeared, tempting them.
Really though, this rating comment system ruins forums, everything becomes a quip. And I swear, if any of you neg reps this comment...

Edited by TIMDOT

first comment got so many neg reps when there wasn't anything wrong with it IMO.

IMO, your first post kinda sucked.  i didn't care either way so i left it alone.  everyone else's opinion thought it kinda sucked so they negged it.  you went on a little fit, which sucked, so they negged that.  negs don't really mean anything, but at the same time, those posts still sucked.

An exercise in hive-mindedness. Its strange that the first comment got so many neg reps when there wasn't anything wrong with it IMO. People only neg repd it in droves when the second comment appeared, tempting them.

Really though, this rating comment system ruins forums, everything becomes a quip. And I swear, if any of you neg reps this comment...

Then I am eternally sorry for your level of butthurt, you fucking sadcunt.

You just post dumb/outplayed/memey shit all the time. Stop. You post like you're on a god damn 4chan board; talk about fuckin hive mind. Also stop putting a big gap of space between your post and a super unfunny punchline.

:’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''’''''''''''''’''''''''''’'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(

I drunkenly told my boss she has horrible style. so there's that. things are going really well at work, now

not nearly as awkward as some of the exam shit i've seen.

ex:

i'm killin a neurosci final, bout half way thru, girl runs to the front of the room, slams her paper down and breaks down in tears and storms out sobbing

philosophy of physics in class exam, still killin it, guy who has skipped 2/3rds of semester looks at paper for five minutes, walks up to prof and says he needs to speak after class. after i hand my exam in, see him outside and he says some oddly cryptic stuff about life. (he failed the class eventually)

Edited by haploid

I went to my cobbler to get my shoes fixed. This was the conversation:

Me: So when can I pick them up?

Him: On tuesday or thursday. I won´t be here on wednesday though.

Me: Okay

Him: That´s because I have surgery on wednesday.

Me: Oh

Him: ...on my heart. I´m getting a catheter* on my heart.

This is the point where it got akward. I tried to cheer him up a bit and wished him luck but it was an unpleasant conversation.

I know it´s kinda sad and not funny and all, but it´s always a bit odd when you get a glimpse of a stranger´s personal life even though you just wanted to know when you can pick up your shoes.

He´s 82 years old by the way and he made it! :)

*or something similar, I don´t remember the exact thing, because I felt so uncomfortable.

not nearly as awkward as some of the exam shit i've seen.

ex:

i'm killin a neurosci final, bout half way thru, girl runs to the front of the room, slams her paper down and breaks down in tears and storms out sobbing

Reminded me of high school. Was in the IB program, in the middle of the Math HL exam which was destroying everyone. Girl in front of me starts bawling. Exam rules are that you can't leave the room at all. So she just continues sobbing for a good 20 minutes while everyone keeps writing. Eventually the IB coordinator comes in and pulls her out to calm her down.

waiting for the elevator, dude comes down singing cheezy song, pops a zit in front of the mirror and gets so startled when he sees me he starts screaming in my face

jesus christ my fucking neighbors

ps. potential future awkardness: i've been reprograming the laundry room timer so i can wash things after 22. feeling like a spy doing late night laundry in total darkness. pray i dont get caught!

Reminded me of high school. Was in the IB program, in the middle of the Math HL exam which was destroying everyone. Girl in front of me starts bawling. Exam rules are that you can't leave the room at all. So she just continues sobbing for a good 20 minutes while everyone keeps writing. Eventually the IB coordinator comes in and pulls her out to calm her down.

Not so much awkward, but related story: During the Chem HL exam last Monday/The 20th, the fire bell went off for a full 10 minutes, just a test. Everyone went crazy, it was pretty funny

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

Not so much awkward, but related story: During the Chem HL exam last Monday/The 20th, the fire bell went off for a full 10 minutes, just a test. Everyone went crazy, it was pretty funny

Back when I took the Bio HL exam, I got to the options and realized even after weeks of studying the ones we did in class, I still knew more about a section we never even touched. I was pissed. Guess thats what happens when a public school tries to go IB.

Gonna rant about some awkward people I see all the time

Some days when i go to the diner there's this student who sits at one of the raised tables and constantly yells things to himself.  Usually when he comes in everyone sitting in the vicinity moves at least a 4 - seat radius away from him.  He just watches videos on his phone, laughing and shouting.  Once I was walking down into the diner and he was just coming up, laughing and shouting "we're dead" over and over in different tones of voice.  

There's this other kid in my CAD class who gets really frustrated and sarcastic when he can't figure out how to properly draw something.  He yells and grunts when something doesn't work and constantly complains about how the book/program is wrong, not to anybody in particular.  He gets this tone in his voice that I can only describe as the stereotypical snarky nerd voice in cartoons.  One day he was yelling and grunting in frustration so much that I actually had to take my work elsewhere because i couldn't concentrate.  When i got up i realized that him, my TA, and I were the only ones left in the room at that point.