- - - - -

germany :: berlin :: general

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#121 beatle

beatle

supermodisan

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,554 posts
  • joined 14 march 06
  • attitude:none
  • denim:addict

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

Ah - that's great...

I suggets you go get one of the free magazines that are laying around in most coffee shops - and ask the people for the hippest party tonight..it always changes - and there' s always a new trendy place...

If you want to relax for a few minutes - take a boot ride - they start right at the Reichstag - the weather is great for that..

Shopping fancy - Kudamm
Shopping alternative - Prenzlauer Berg / Kreuzberg ( you might run into people smoking dope in the middle of the day in a coffee shop or bar...get out of there before 12 pm.......)

#122 Tombajuice

Tombajuice

bored

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • joined 19 october 06

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

up up, thanks for the reply

#123 Tisswat

Tisswat

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,877 posts
  • joined 25 september 04
  • style:none
  • attitude:hypnotized

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hang out in the bars around Oranienstrasse in Kreuzberg or the Simon-Dach-Strasse in Friedrichshain. Talk to the locals. Monday/Tuesdaynights are not the easiest nights to find a good party.

I posted some shopping info a while ago in another thread (crosspost-quote):

Mitte would be the obvious destination for superfuture people. The Hackescher Markt is busy with tourists but still pleasent with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. Check out Rosa-Luxemburgstrasse, Műnzstrasse, Alte Schonhauserstrasse and Mulakstrasse for the most interesting spots. Here are some that might be worth checking out:

Belleville (Rosa-Luxembourgstrasse 27) - a conceptstore selling clothes, magazines, books and music.

Eisdieler (Muntzstrasse) - this former ice parlour has been taken over by five independent Berlin desingers selling a combination of second-hand clothes and stuff done by independent Berlin designers

Andreas Murkudis (Munzstrasse 21) - next to Eisdieler, selling Kostas Murkudis, Dirk Schonenberger, Frank Leder, Pulver, Y-3, Margiela et al.

Apartmentstore (Memhardstrasse 8) - another concept store selling labels like Bernhard Willhelm, Surface 2 Air, Marc Jacobs and some Berlin-based designers like Kaviar Gauche and Macqua. Be on the lookout for social events for fashion die-hards at this location.

Villa Caprice (Dirckenstrasse) - a bar where everything you see is for sale.. (well, almost everything). Again, plenty of stuff by Berlin designers in the back.

Moving on to Prenzlauerberg.. for less cutting edge and more vintage/thrift shopping. Concentrate on Kastanienallee, Oderberger Strasse and Schoenhauser Allee for vintage shopping and weird stuff:

Freistil (Oderbergerstrasse 6) - London/Berlin-based designer stuff combined with vintage clothing. Interesting smells. :)

Skunk Funk Store (Kastanienallee) - Many (European) Streetwear-esque labels like Basque, Encore and the like.

Flea markets! The market in the Mauerpark (end of Oldenbergstrasse) is a definite must see. Retro furniture, clothing, vinyl and junk sold by Berliner leute. Very DDR. Loads of fun! It's on every sunday during the summer months. Ask the shop owners in the area if it's on yet because I'm not sure. If Mauerpark market is still closed, you can head towards Arkonaplatz. It's smaller, but open during the winter months as well.

Another option (not in that area) is the market at Boxhagener Platz in Friedrichshain. I don't think it gets any more DDR than this. The surrounding area is a bit less appealing (=less bars and shops), but it's open all winter as well.

Berlin probably has the best nightlife in ... the universe. ;) Clubs are dirty, underground and open until late. The ones that matter right now are Postbahnhof, Berghain (and its Panorama Bar), Watergate, RAW, Maria am Ostbahnhof (my favorite), Cassiopeia and the punk-oriented Supamolly.

In before waywt thread.

#124 hack_attack

hack_attack

bored

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • joined 25 september 07
  • talents:aa gill, russian, miu miu, excess

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

My best friend and I are planning to go to Berlin for New Year's Eve. We need lots of info like:

-Accommodation- Is it better to stay in a cheap hostel or rent an apartment?

-Clubs- the best, the most secret, the most minimal techno....

-Restaurants/Cafes- cheap ones, but with good food

-Anything else!

#125 soulmatic

soulmatic

bored

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • joined 24 october 07

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:23 AM

Hello! I'm going to be in berlin from nov 15 thru -18 Sun ...if anyone knows of any good parties, art shows, happenings, mischief, going on those dates please let me know.

basically everything and anything interesting.

Cheers

#126 hotboyx2

hotboyx2

superbored

• Pip
  • 423 posts
  • joined 20 august 06

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

Go to Panorama, it is a very special club (considered gay but everyone goes) and has the reputation of being wild.

#127 absolut

absolut

superbored

• Pip
  • 329 posts
  • joined 20 march 05

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

Go to Panorama, it is a very special club (considered gay but everyone goes) and has the reputation of being wild.

panorama bar / berghain
watergate
weekend club

enough said. those are the best 3 in germany.

#128 soulmatic

soulmatic

bored

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • joined 24 october 07

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the tips! I need more, are there any art shows, happenings, mischief, going on those dates please let me know.

#129 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:40 AM

Check this little gallery here http://www.pool-gallery.com/start.html . Always some fresh sh!t going on. Another place I can recommend is this here http://www.bestshop-...in.de/bestshop/

Lots more cool stuff in Berlin, I will write more when I find the time.

#130 thekennyyu

thekennyyu

bored

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • joined 02 november 06

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:23 AM

The best way to find out what's going on is to pick up a Zitty or a Tip magazine. They are updated weekly, and have information on gallery openings, where djs are, and concerts, and so on...You can pick them up at any newstand.

For clubbing: It really depends on the night, and that is why you have to check those magazines. Some clubs are open only once a week or once every two weeks for special events. Besides the Berghaim/Panorama, which always has an impressive lineup of djs and is always crowded (though sat. is better than fri.), everything else is sort of mediocre unless they have a good night. Weekend has a great view of berlin since it is on the 15th floor. Generally, the nightlife is a little better in the summer since the clubs on the river (bar 25, ect) are open...I think they are closed for the year now, though.

For great shopping, just check out the guide superfuture has; it's fairly complete! oh! For a great coffee/cake break, go to Rochstrasse in mitte--there is a cute little cafe in there!

Have fun in my favorite city!

#131 soulmatic

soulmatic

bored

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • joined 24 october 07

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for tips, good looking out!

#132 Kesnel

Kesnel

superbored

• Pip
  • 518 posts
  • joined 03 june 07

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

Oranienburger Strasse has some quite good bars and other erm... activities. Also, check out the shops/bars/restaurants to the north of Alexanderplatz.

My only regret about my time in Berlin is when my friends and I were too drunk to be allowed into Weekend; it was highly embarrassing.

#133 kakaro

kakaro

semibored

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • joined 22 july 05

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

The club TAPE is the best. its on fridays.

#134 Guest_johnsinclair_*

Guest_johnsinclair_*
  • joined --

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

Going to be there next week. What are some under the radar stores worth checking out? Also, any bars or restaurants. And any clubs or dj nights that are especially good? Thanks.

#135 emilo

emilo

semibored

• Pip
  • 158 posts
  • joined 02 october 07

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Well you definitely need to go to Berghain/panoramabar. Crazy club! You need women to get in tho.
Posted Image WAYWT shit talking thread 08-22-2008 08:53 AM sonicvoodoo you're annoying

#136 hotboyx2

hotboyx2

superbored

• Pip
  • 423 posts
  • joined 20 august 06

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

Watergate is really nice. Not a fan of panorama.

#137 UnW@NtEd ViD@

UnW@NtEd ViD@

bored

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • joined 12 june 08
  • biography:Preserve a cities true culture, Fuck gentrification!!!!
  • talents:of course

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:26 PM

Go to Bar 25 it's great it's all outdoor. At some of the underground stations you can pic up a mag for like 3 euro's that tells you everything going on.

#138 UnW@NtEd ViD@

UnW@NtEd ViD@

bored

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • joined 12 june 08
  • biography:Preserve a cities true culture, Fuck gentrification!!!!
  • talents:of course

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

go to nidz for some cool gear and in the Mitte district they got wesc and a bunch of other shops also check out Nort for some cool kicks, this store is also in the Mitte district, get off at the Weinmeisterstrasse station and your right in the middle of Mitte with great shops and hit the Orienen Burger strasse for good outdoor eating. The city is super cheap to eat for Europe and because of the huge Turkish population, hit up the Doner spots there hella good, and if your on the run grab something from shops at many of the train stations and some whiskey or a pint of beer that you can drink on the trains. also Kreuzberg is like the Williamsberg of Berlin. i love that city, hope this info is useful!

#139 juan_bernado

juan_bernado

bored

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • joined 05 march 08

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

make sure to go to tim's canadian deli .. great burgers but hadn't the time to try their smoked meat. going to try it next time i'm in berlin.
http://www.tims-winterfeldtplatz.de/

than you have to go to the turkish market at the maybachufer on tuesday and friday from 12 to 18:30
and the market at the winterfeldtplatz on wednesday 8-13 and saturday 8-16 (tim's is right across the street)

you have to try the original berlin currywurst at konoppkes which is located under the metro station eberswalder straße (u2)

on 26.07.08 you have to go to the panaroma bar where heathrob is playing. www.berghain.de

have fun in berlin

jan

#140 ambition

ambition

bored

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • joined 11 july 07

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

Also check this out: http://www.scoute.or...sue/may/berlin/

#141 trustnoone

trustnoone

semibored

• Pip
  • 62 posts
  • joined 06 march 08

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

all shops around the train station hackescher markt are exclusive.
also of course zoologischer garten/kurfürstendamm.

#142 juan_bernado

juan_bernado

bored

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • joined 05 march 08

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

opposite to the hackeschen höfe there is also a shop that sell LVC and many other brands

14 oz.
Neue Schönhauser Strasse 13

jan

#143 HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,416 posts
  • joined 01 november 05

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

Mmmm...Berlin Doner Kebab. I wish I had one right now.

Favourite quote from when I was in Berlin with Berliner:

Me: "So we can just drink in the street?"
Him: "It's a free country isn't it, you can't in Canada?"

#144 Turntabloid

Turntabloid

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,467 posts
  • joined 22 july 08
  • denim:size 34

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

Burg & Schild
http://www.burgundschild.com/
- Studio D'Artisan
- Atelier La Durance
- LVC
- Pace
- Red Wings

DC4
www.dc4.de
- Somet
- Atelier La Durance

Buttenheim Levis Store
Neue Schönhauser Str. 15
10179 Berlin
- LVC

Trüffelschwein
www.trueffelschweinberlin.com
Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 22
10178 Berlin
- Lee Gold
- Sugar Cane
- others

Acne Jeans
www.acnejeans.com
Münzstr. 23
10178 Berlin
- ;-) Acne

Lee Flagstore Berlin
www.lee.com
Alte Schönhauser Straße 38
10119 Berlin
- Lee
- Lee Gold

All within 2 minutes walking distance :D!
TWITTER | MY SALES THREAD
"We're survivalists turned to consumers"- Talib Kweli

#145 Turntabloid

Turntabloid

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,467 posts
  • joined 22 july 08
  • denim:size 34

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

14oz.
Neue Schönhauser Strasse 13
10178 Berlin

Denim (and more, mainly not listed here):

- ALD
- 7 For All Mankind
- Blue Blood
- Denham
- Citizens Of Humanity
- Dondup
- Double M
- Earnest Sewn
- Gilded Age
- HTC
- G-Star
- Jean Shop
- Kohzo
- Kuyichi
- Levi's (all)
- Notifiy
- Nudie
- PRPS
- Wrangler

- Red Wing
- Dunderon
- PF Flyers
- Converse
- Alden
- Tricker's
- Clarks
- Blundstone

http://www.14oz-berlin.com/

(Just an add-on to Juan's post - incredible store and stock!)
TWITTER | MY SALES THREAD
"We're survivalists turned to consumers"- Talib Kweli

#146 billionaireboy

billionaireboy

semibored

• Pip
  • 226 posts
  • joined 08 august 08

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

for a club, i recommend

Reich und Schön
Dennewitzstraße 37, Berlin, Germany 10785

#147 W Klenow

W Klenow

semibored

• Pip
  • 83 posts
  • joined 29 december 05

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

Heya all,

I'm going to Berlin in a week or two and staying there for 3-4 days. I think I have things mostly covered up. I know what to see, where to go and eat, where to stay etc. But I heard there should be a lot of cool vintageshops in Berlin too, but I haven't really been able to find any info on those. Can any of you help me out here? Thanks!

#148 F*** U pay me

F*** U pay me

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 05 october 08

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

Hi berliners,

I live in France but I plan to go to work a moment in Berlin next year.

So I look for people who can tell me about the life in the city, the foreigners at work...In fact all about Berlin.

Thank you.

#149 mike lowrey

mike lowrey

superfuture7

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts
  • joined 05 april 06
  • style:tropical
  • attitude:hater

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

there are several threads on Berlin, if they dont have the information you're looking for, you need to be more precise as to what you want to know.

#150 F*** U pay me

F*** U pay me

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 05 october 08

Posted 05 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Sorry, I was in the hurry when I opened the thread.

I would like to know what is the relationship of germans and especially berliners with foreign workers. How do they hire foreigners?

I would like to work in the retail and maybe some people could tell me the importance of the german language in this sector: do they hire bilingual people? Is fluent german enough?

Finally, I know Berlin is definitely a place to visit, but is it a place to live?

Thank you.