#391 danii

danii

semibored

• superartisan
  • 628 posts
  • joined 04 july 08
  • style:cosplay

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

is there anything more than what's online at darklands/nagnagnag?

also any places that stock 11?

thank you!

–––––––––––– HTTP://AOKU.TICTAIL.COM

#392 Majotaur

Majotaur

super

• Pip
  • 111 posts
  • joined 18 november 15
  • style:none
  • attitude:chilled

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thinking about going to Munich for a few days next month. Any cool spots?

#393 herpsky

herpsky

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,308 posts
  • joined 21 march 05
  • biography:ラーメン、イケメン、ボクブサメン
  • wish i was in:Macau

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

Probably, Hetzenecker. I've never been there personally but I've heard very good things about the store. 

It's a travel luggage store but they supposedly have Rimowa suitcases for like ~30% off of German retail, which is insane. Pay cash = 10% discount. If you are a traveler, you can get tax refund back. 

From what I was told, it's about 50-60% off of US and Asian retail. 

Edited by herpsky, 22 May 2016 - 09:41 PM.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud. 

#394 034936

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,831 posts
  • joined 09 june 08

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:11 AM

Will be visiting in late august. 

Already booked in for Boros, any other recommendations for galleries, especially smaller ones?

I see that Stattbad has closed, any other venues to keep an eye on for house/techno etc? Will be trying my luck at Berghain but am more keen for more local/lowkey spots. OHM, der visionaire, about blank etc. are on my list.

Also, figured I'd ask here rather than bump another thread: Is there really that little to see and do in Frankfurt? I had intended on spending about 3 or 4 days there, is this overkill? 

Edited by 034936, 28 May 2016 - 06:16 AM.

#395 herpsky

herpsky

postwhore

• 9,308 posts
  • joined 21 march 05

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Will be visiting in late august. 

Already booked in for Boros, any other recommendations for galleries, especially smaller ones?

I see that Stattbad has closed, any other venues to keep an eye on for house/techno etc? Will be trying my luck at Berghain but am more keen for more local/lowkey spots. OHM, der visionaire, about blank etc. are on my list.

Also, figured I'd ask here rather than bump another thread: Is there really that little to see and do in Frankfurt? I had intended on spending about 3 or 4 days there, is this overkill? 

I think most sufuers would have NO trouble getting into Berghain. Most of the OGs here have been to Berghain. Just stick to the usual three rules: 1) don't show up when the line would be insane e.g. midnight on a Saturday; 2) wear black — preferably head to toe; 3) show up sober — get drinks inside but just stick with mate to be honest; i think this is one of the very few clubs you can enjoy totally sober.

I think Berghain is a pretty lifechanging experience. It's not like anything else I've been to. 

I went to a club that was converted from a swimming pool. That venue is super low key and has killer music. 

One suggestion I have: Go to hardwax record shop in kreutzberg and ask the dudes running the shop. There are huge stacks of flyers from all the clubs around Berlin. Just tell the guys what kind of music you are into and they'll tell you exactly which parties to check out. That was probably the single best thing I did. Checking the venues out on resident advisor was pretty helpful in getting to know the big name venus. Also, the hardwax staff speak perfect English so it'll be pretty easy. Don't forget to pick up some weird records and CDs while you are there. The selection is insane. 

#396 034936

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,831 posts
  • joined 09 june 08

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

I think the converted swimming pool is/was Stattbad?

Also, strange that Freecat recommends getting your berghain stamp at exactly that time, a few pages back.

I will be doing a lot of record shopping as it happens. Figured i'd have better luck asking on discogs, but if anyone has any tips on 2nd-hand record stores (or any good flea markets), lmk. Audio-in, and Platten Pedro have been recommended, on top of the usual hardwax, OYE, record loft, etc. 

#397 henrisan

henrisan

super

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • joined 07 august 15
  • style:next level
  • wish i was in:vancouver

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:29 AM

I think the converted swimming pool is/was Stattbad? 

yes.

any other options for a second city or why frankfurt (your plane goes form there?)?

WTB: 3A-MK1, 3A-MK2, AV Facet Glove

#398 034936

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,831 posts
  • joined 09 june 08

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

Going to check out Robert Johnson mainly tbh, and am interested to make a day trip to Heidelberg. Other option is Hamburg.

#399 henrisan

henrisan

super

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • joined 07 august 15
  • style:next level
  • wish i was in:vancouver

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:54 AM

I think hamburg is a better option than ffm

WTB: 3A-MK1, 3A-MK2, AV Facet Glove

#400 EG562

EG562

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,693 posts
  • joined 08 october 09

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

I think most sufuers would have NO trouble getting into Berghain. Most of the OGs here have been to Berghain. Just stick to the usual three rules: 1) don't show up when the line would be insane e.g. midnight on a Saturday; 2) wear black — preferably head to toe; 3) show up sober — get drinks inside but just stick with mate to be honest; i think this is one of the very few clubs you can enjoy totally sober.

I think Berghain is a pretty lifechanging experience. It's not like anything else I've been to. 

I went to a club that was converted from a swimming pool. That venue is super low key and has killer music. 

One suggestion I have: Go to hardwax record shop in kreutzberg and ask the dudes running the shop. There are huge stacks of flyers from all the clubs around Berlin. Just tell the guys what kind of music you are into and they'll tell you exactly which parties to check out. That was probably the single best thing I did. Checking the venues out on resident advisor was pretty helpful in getting to know the big name venus. Also, the hardwax staff speak perfect English so it'll be pretty easy. Don't forget to pick up some weird records and CDs while you are there. The selection is insane. 

RE: bergy's

Went a few times, actually went a couple times on early saturday night and got stamped at like 1 or 2am , so we could walk right in sunday afternoon when the line was past the food stands. Sunday afternoon/evening is often the best time and best dj's. Seeing marcel, dvs1, function, len faki closing will be a life changer. 

For the door, i just memorized, " wer sind zwei" which I think means "we are two" and had no second question or anything, waved in. We were two dudes, dressed in rick/silent/nike type stuff. Know whos playing just incase they ask, but if your dressed appropriately, dont act a fool, dont roll in a group, and look disenchanted your good.

://about blank is really good lowkey spot for good music. the door is a bit of a interview but shouldnt be a problem for sufus. 

Look for the galleries that participate in art week berlin, i went last year and it was amazing.

http://www.konradfis...lerie.de/start/ - check out this spot. Its in a block of buildings that every floor is a gallery. Lots of really interesting stuff. 

Edited by EG562, 08 June 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#401 herpsky

herpsky

postwhore

• 9,308 posts
  • joined 21 march 05

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:42 AM

need to go back

we need to round up some OGs to do a berlin tour

#402 Kasper

Kasper

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,838 posts
  • joined 09 january 06

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

Berlin is so dope, we should do a tour!!!

#403 TANO

TANO

super

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • joined 30 april 12
  • style:techno
  • attitude:egomanical

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

about blank is super dope. the wear black thing to berghain is bullshit. just get someone to put u on the list and wear whatever you want.

#404 034936

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,831 posts
  • joined 09 june 08

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Don't want to turn this into the 'Berghain' thread, but wow. I don't think it's an overstatement to say that it is life-changing. Failed at 8am Sunday (no line), went back solo at 3:30 and spent 15 hours there. It really felt like another universe, and I can't imagine how you could create better conditions to experience techno.