Tips for a 1st time in Tokyo (is needed)

superglam

Does anyone knows good tips for a 1st time in Tokyo? Like obscure places, how to save much money as possible, etc... I read here about a cheap food place named Yoshinoya's. What else?

And what about the wild jet lag? I'm from Brasil, so I gonna cross the world. Any advice for that?

Learn a little bit of the language. Like how to say hi, thank you, etc. When I went there, I thought that almost everyone knew English especially the teenagers. I was wrong and lost my way half of the time. Buy one of those tour books with photos and maps. It'll do you good.

Jax

I took my first trip to Tokyo last year. As far as jet lag goes, I cannot recomment Ambien enough! I was fine when I arrived in Japan, although I sort of became a morning person. Coming home was cool too. Flying back to the west coast, you get to experience the intersting time-travel effects of landing before you plane takes off.

Anyway, my advice for saving money is to not shop! :) Seriously though, unless it's something very cool and very Japanese, buy it at home - it will be a lot less. Unless you want to get some electronics or something. Eating out is just like NYC. You can spend a ton of dough, but you can also find good, cheap eats.

Have fun and yes, learn a little Japanese. It's worth it just to see the expression on people's faces as you butcher their language! :)

No wild jet lag coming from the North/South America but coming back will hurt. There are tons of cheap restaurants in Tokyo and they are decently good. Don't go to Roppongi. It's filthy. Instead head for Omotesando, Ayoma, Diakanyama, Naka-meguro, etc. They all have a bohemian vibe to it, much chiller. Few foreigners. PM me if you wanna hang out or need more specific advice. Cheers!

Getting from the airport to Tokyo is fairly easy. I recommend just taking a linosine bus (3000 yen) which tend to stop at all the major hotels. Or, you can just crash at my place. Lol. I live in Roppongi (for work related reasons). PM me/contact me either way. Cheers!