Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a pair of SC40400 from PSA, that arrived today! Grabbed the last 28 they had, and I think there should still be a 26 kicking around if any of you have a lady in your life who needs a pair. I haven't soaked these yet, as they seem to be the non-washed version which is interesting.

h80FphF.jpg

1OHIReA.jpg

sVzG3VZ.jpg

Wzcg16r.jpg

hPSALm4.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/LIK6y

Edited by EvilGRAHAM 0

^

IIRC, @chantheman had 40100N(?) awhile back, w/c I think he had to sell ...

good memory. i have a pair in a 29 still that i hardly wear. im glad i sized down since the cut runs a little loose but i do wish the waist was a 30.

I've been considering a pair of Okis recently, and the size 36 one-wash measurements at selfedge (with the 35-inch waist) look right for me. I'm wondering how realistic it would be to fully shrink a pair of unwashed (from HPA, for example) all the way to the one-wash specs?

I searched the thread, but with an archive this big it was pretty hard to find consistent info over the years.

Thanks for any thoughts folks can share. Cheers.

I've been considering a pair of Okis recently, and the size 36 one-wash measurements at selfedge (with the 35-inch waist) look right for me. I'm wondering how realistic it would be to fully shrink a pair of unwashed (from HPA, for example) all the way to the one-wash specs?

I searched the thread, but with an archive this big it was pretty hard to find consistent info over the years.

Thanks for any thoughts folks can share. Cheers.

i think if you use a hot machine dryer they will shrink around the same; if you do cold wash/line dry i think they'll get close after 5 or 6 washes though not quite as shrunk..i would go with raw..

Edited by ironheartfan123

My 40601s don't use the exact same denim as the Okinawas, although they are both 50/50, so I'm fairly certain they should shrink similarly. Anyway, I found that the only shrinkage I saw after the first two machine washes (and passes through the dryer) was about an inch or so in the inseam and maybe a touch in the thigh/top block. The waist has stayed pretty much where it's at, along with everything else, through 10 or so washes since. Hope that helps!