Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Thanks guys. I'm glad I was stopped. After a lot of digging through fit pics, I came across sized down hawaiis and 47s, and there's a LOT of buttsuck/crotchcrushing like Erase must've been describing. I'm leaning towards the 2009 now since their measurements meet up almost identically with my jeans now, but I might just make a trip out to SE to see if they have one in my size to try on before I buy.

Thanks again guys for looking out for me lol

Thanks guys. I'm glad I was stopped. After a lot of digging through fit pics, I came across sized down hawaiis and 47s, and there's a LOT of buttsuck/crotchcrushing like Erase must've been describing. I'm leaning towards the 2009 now since their measurements meet up almost identically with my jeans now, but I might just make a trip out to SE to see if they have one in my size to try on before I buy.

Thanks again guys for looking out for me lol

For the sake of politeness, you probably shouldn't use Self Edge as your changing room if you're buying from Rakuten. The guys at the LA shop aren't there to help you make purchases from other stores. 

Oh I guess I made it sound like I was still buying from Rakuten. No I plan on having the option of a headache-free return through SE. And I might have it hemmed there should the length be too much to handle.

Japanese buying is way too intimidating for me as of now.

After a good two years of failing to fade any jeans because I constantly bought and sold them looking for another perfect fit I decided to buy one jean and force myself to wear them for a full year. I decided on the 1947 model because I think an argument can be made for them being the quintessential jean. I sized up even on a jean that was already anti fit because my weight fluctuates about 15lbs throughout the year from weightlifting. I'm about 9 months in and I think I made the perfect choice. Even though right now I could easily fit into a size smaller and are not even close to the perfect fit, throughout the 9 months id walk out of stores like Unionmade, self edge, and stag with just purchasing shirts and thinking these pants are pretty good. I don't even have pictures of them because l know they consistently look good with everything and never needed to check. Anyways, this is my corny love letter to a jean that doesn't even need it because its a staple cut that everyone should own and it knows it.

Its cool when you see someone new to raw denim go for a pair that is actually not the typical "stepping stone" pair that I myself did, and many others invariably do. Not to say that there is anything wrong with rgt, n&f etc, but you could do a hell of a lot worse than 'canes for an early pair. Also, great fit Zack!

Edited by SuperJackle

Thanks guys!

Jackle, I did had a pair of Gustins this past Winter-Summer, and an N&F WG Red weft last fall, but I grew too tall for the N&F, and too big for the Gustins. I ended up giving them both away. But I think all my dumb screw ups put together average me out to noob status.

I consider this my first really successful pair though lol. And I almost messed THAT up.  :biggrin:

Picked up a pair of 2014 at Hinoya in Tokyo last week.   Size 29 which is the same size i take in the 2009.   Perfect fit and perfect price ($104).  Might end up hemming an inch off the end so the cuff isnt so big.  

Also just got my old 2009 pair repaired at Self Edge, ill post pics when i get them tomorrow.  

IMG_6957_zpsb6f4ca61.jpg

IMG_6960_zps3895aafd.jpg

Edited by Dave_SFU

I've been trying to find out more too. Its supposed to be a sexscxbrooklyncircus(?) Collab. Mixed fiber, straight tapered I think. I've been fiending for it. Although I don't know jack shit about Brooklyn circus, I just always loved everything about the sexsc06.

I really dont need any more either but i couldnt pass up the price and i wouldnt mind a lightweight jean in my rotation

Do these come with a red tab?

Anyone happen to know the thigh measurement on a size 34 in the 2009 cut? I need something like 12.6" after stretching to make it work. 

Size chart: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=476&search=2009