3 replies to this topic

#1 kiteless

kiteless

semibored

• Pip
  • 142 posts
  • joined 09 march 04

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:48 AM

i was just checking out hotel rooms in nyc as my preferred host was fully booked -- and i remembered that surface was branching into a hotelier in lower east side -- http://surfacehotel.com/

does anyone know what happened to the venture? who knows what their business case looked like but surely, it wasn't the cleverest of ideas to launch a hotel in 2004 considering the business climate...

#2 kiteless

kiteless

semibored

• Pip
  • 142 posts
  • joined 09 march 04

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:07 PM

i've developed a nasty habit of replying my own requests, or maybe you're just ignoring my posts and i'm left to my own devices? anyway, the surface hotel is renamed to hotel on rivington and opening has been pushed back six months to october. surface magazine is still involved -- question is how i could have missed it, despite subscribing to it?

#3 sepia007

sepia007

semibored

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • joined 20 january 04

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:54 AM

We got a press kit for this at work. The rooms are going to be $250 and up, and suites at $3200 if I remember right. Great location, but very bad for the neighborhood, as it's the first luxury hotel in a predominantly middle class area.

#4 kole

kole

semibored

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • joined 27 october 03

Posted 28 August 2004 - 02:19 AM

they will have a launch party in september which means they will be open in october. surface have a bad track record when it comes to openings and launches.
so.....how's your girl?