Whisky love

teome

• 2 weeks later...

noob here

Yamazaki 12yr

this was forgettable

probably shouldnt have put so much ice lol peasant status evan williams lurkin in dere too

h2hWD.jpg

Yamazaki 18yr

liked this way better than the 12yr. some smokiness in there from what i remember. much more complex than the 12yr

NV1uL.jpg

lookin forward to trying more japanese whiskeys though~~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bummed the price of glenlivet 18 and Nadurra went up.

Anyone have any scotch recommendations in the $40-$60 range? Dont like it peaty (hate laphroaig and dislike bowmore). I prefer fruitier, vanilla tones like mac12, balvenie doublewood and glenlivet 15

Have a look at the Dalmore range. Beautiful drams.

Off the top of my head, I've got Laphroaig 10, Evan Williams 10yr single barrel, Black Maple hill, rittenhouse 100, bulleit rye, and breaking and entering, a bourbon from st. george spirits, which is about a mile from my house.

Been drinking a lot of Breaking and Entering. Great stuff and pretty unique (though my bourbon drinking is pretty limited). Love the banana flavor that comes through pretty strong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

been obsessed lately...would read malt madness on weeknights till 2 in the morning and add bottles to the online checkout ready to go ...was practically waiting for the liquor store to open one saturday morning; it did not feel healthy. rotating between lagavulin 16, dalmore 18 and nikka from the barrel right now. i'm amazed that the nikka can taste so good at such a high ABV. the last drop always tastes like chocolate to me. tossing up between an aberlour a'bunah or something australian like a sullivans cove next. 

• 1 month later...

i usually only ever buy alberta premium rye (94.5 from whisky magazine, and won single gold at sf spirit fest so at $23 a bottle its good) but i'm looking to grab one or two nice bottles(or three..)

the only scotch i've bought for myself was highland park 12 year, which i liked a lot.

my list of considerations that are available locally:

nikka pure malt black
ardbeg 10yr
bowmore 15yr darkest
talisker - 1996 edition
dalmore 12yr
macallan 12yr
aberlour 16yr

anybody feel like recommending 2-3 of those for me to get this week?

• 3 weeks later...

As a a sort of journal entry since I started getting into this a few months ago, this is a list of the drams I've tried from memory: port charlotte peat project, macallan 12, highland park 12, glenlivet 18, laphroaig quarter cask / 10 / 18 / cairdeas / px cask, ardbeg 10 / uigedail, bruichladdich 15, balvenie 21, auchentoshan triple wood / silver oak, sullivan's cove double cask , limeburners something, bakery hill classic malt, ledaig 10, elements of islay bw1 / lg(x?), bowmore legend / 18, cragganmore 12, talisker 10 / distillers edition something, glenmorangie original / 18 / nectar d'or, yamazaki 12, glenfiddich 12 / 18, bushmills, templeton rye and a few other american whiskies.

Islays are great, but the toshan silver oak and nectar d'or are the standouts for me. The bakery hill is also a very fine drop coming out of australia.

Edited by Quiver

• 2 months later...

got amrut fusion single malt today, from india. really nice, wasn't expecting it to be so good. passed up gettting nikka coffey grain, anybody comment on that vs any of the other three i've tried from them ??(from the barrel, yoichi 15yr, super rare old)

• 2 weeks later...