Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I don't think there are many users here that one these three. Like I wrote you earlier, the 500 OG seems to run a bit smaller in waist as the  710 OG and my old 710XX. But that's marginal. If the 710XX and OG you own are comfortable in th waist and fit everywhere else, the 500 in the same size will do, too.

Hey Max

Do you have post soak measurements of your 500OG?

Cheers

Hi,

I would like to know if the official Samurai japanese online shop sells outside Japan and is english-friendly.

I'm looking for a particular belt of the brand but it is out of stock on Rakuten for the sizes that could fit.

I tried Kaizoku Pirates but got no answers.

Thanks in advance for any help :).

Where are you located ? 

Hey Max

Do you have post soak measurements of your 500OG?

Cheers

I just have these atm:

500 OG presoak:

W 89 cm

T 33 cm

FR 29 cm

BR 40,5 cm

LO 23 cm

In 89 cm (hemmed)

I think the waist is about 87-88cm now. I tried the 500OG on yesterday and it felt too tight and usual 89cm is my ideal waist....hope this helps. I'm away from home a while so I can't take new measurements.

Mr Latvia

Would have been interested if still unsoaked

But still looking great.

I hope you'll find a good home for them.

Hi Guys - I am looking for a fit which is tapered and the only experience I have as of now is N&F weird guy cut....and I have a few issues.  I find that if I get the proper waist then the thighs/crotch are too tight.  Getting a fit which is tight but not too restrictive leaves the waist slightly too big.  This is fine as I can just wear a belt but in general I think I need a cut with slightly more rise and a bit more room in the thigh.  I do like a tapered fit in general similar to the weird guy or even more.  Thanks for the help!

^I've found that its hard to get advice on fits especially when the criteria is very specific. One persons idea of a slim taper might not be the same for you. Its best to just know what measurements you're looking for. Throw unsanforized denim in the mix and its even harder to get just right. That being said, the 710xx could be a real contender if you're looking for a really good tapered jean, but in my experience isn't exactly a "tight" jean.

Hi Guys - I am looking for a fit which is tapered and the only experience I have as of now is N&F weird guy cut....and I have a few issues.  I find that if I get the proper waist then the thighs/crotch are too tight.  Getting a fit which is tight but not too restrictive leaves the waist slightly too big.  This is fine as I can just wear a belt but in general I think I need a cut with slightly more rise and a bit more room in the thigh.  I do like a tapered fit in general similar to the weird guy or even more.  Thanks for the help!

i dont know what the Weird guy fit is, but consider the ooe yofukuten OA02-0515.  ts a tapered fit, but not skinnyby any means.  respectable front rise and upper thigh.  

check them out

http://ooeyofukuten.ocnk.net/product/15

edit** just realized i was in the Samurai thread, so disregard that rec if you are dead set on a Samurai jean.  Sorry 

I sized up one on my Samurai 710xx and I have a bit of excess waist room but the thigh and rise are decent.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I could suggest every single one of them with a waist size of 31 for you.

Thank you for your advice bradl !   :D

I'm looking for samurai s5000vx 17oz.

Should I get size 31 for this model ?

Not surprisingly, my 710s got too beat up to wear except on weekends. Funny enough, the beating created by sewing through multiple layers of patches destroyed my fiancee's sewing machine's ability to hold consistent tension, so she wasn't able to keep working on them. So, wanting to get them back to a state of decency, I just bought her a newer, more heavy-duty sewing machine. It cost as much as a pair of jeans, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Here's how they looked as of the last time I took photos:

16774750480_a1502e5429_b.jpg\\

Time to fix them up and then see how much more indigo I can get out of them. :)

Edited by cander49

This applies for the 19 oz denim especially and as the 710 is the most featured pair here, the impression might occur. The 15 oz or 16 oz denim keep their indigo much better. The 19 oz shows a lot of the weft from the beginning, too, making it appear lighter.

Mine are light because they were worn extremely hard for over two years more than anything, I think. They faded a lot in the upper block long before they got so light in the lower legs. This was after 15 months in:

13182899285_f470024b53_b.jpg

13182901345_c5d0d11b1c_b.jpg

haven't seen too many pictures of these so decided to grab a quick picture. Haven't worn them much lately, the DWC pair is taking up my time, but I have maybe 4-5 months on these as my work jeans, they have been washed a couple times. 

S0110XJII

dK304U9.jpg

The denim is very un-samurai like for sure, I wasn't as wild about them as my other jeans which is why they have been relegated to the back burner for quite a while now. One thing I will say for them is they ended up very, very soft and comfortable, I often throw them on to lounge about the house nowadays. 

Not surprisingly, my 710s got too beat up to wear except on weekends. Funny enough, the beating created by sewing through multiple layers of patches destroyed my fiancee's sewing machine's ability to hold consistent tension, so she wasn't able to keep working on them. So, wanting to get them back to a state of decency, I just bought her a newer, more heavy-duty sewing machine. It cost as much as a pair of jeans, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Here's how they looked as of the last time I took photos:

\\

Time to fix them up and then see how much more indigo I can get out of them. :)

They are looking almost new again!!

Rock them hard for ever!!!