Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Does anyone have any photos of the s5000-bkb with fades? I just pre-ordered the 710-bkb that they are releasing in May. I haven't been able to find any photos of the bkb with much wear on them and I am curious what they will look like with some progress.. Any help would be appreciated.

35 mate, considering a tub soak or not soaking the waist band. Raw they measure 36.4 and I am a true 36.

i have the exact same pair. and it will shrink about 2-3%. give or take maybe 1-2 inches. from my experience with anything above 21, they usually shrink quite an amount. i've not worn it yet to feel any substantial increase in weight. 

Does anyone have any photos of the s5000-bkb with fades? I just pre-ordered the 710-bkb that they are releasing in May. I haven't been able to find any photos of the bkb with much wear on them and I am curious what they will look like with some progress.. Any help would be appreciated.

unfortunately no. i've got that pair but it's is in storage at the moment.

S5000VX 25oz 15th Anniversary Edition ordered for 2nd, sized down one and hope they fit  :ohmy:

25oz denim sure takes some work, have it on the jacket and just recently loosened up. But granted takes exponentially longer up top then it does on the bottom.

I've just spent the best part of the last 2 years in Iron Hearts 25oz, so I'm really intrigued with how the Samurai 25oz compares. I have quite a few lighter weight jeans now, but I guess at heart I'll always be a sucker for the heavier denim.

Not that the denim is anything new, but just my s552 just finished drying so will throw up some pictures at some point of how it's looking. Might throw in wash and dryer again to lighten it up.

I've just spent the best part of the last 2 years in Iron Hearts 25oz, so I'm really intrigued with how the Samurai 25oz compares. I have quite a few lighter weight jeans now, but I guess at heart I'll always be a sucker for the heavier denim.

Where are you purchasing the 25oz's?

I own the jacket, but I really want to try a pair of bottoms as i'm deadly curious to see how they compare to Iron Heart's 25oz as well.

I'm lost, S8000 and S311, what are those cuts ? Compared to a S510 cut ? And the rise ?

I can't find any infos, any help ? :)

They're special editions that are not regularly produced. As Samrai doesn't state the rise of them we mut guess - th cinchback and rivets on the backpocket indicate an early model, so I'd assume the rise is pretty long, mabe equal or even longer to the 510.

I believe that both models will feature a high raise and full leg, this is what put me off waiting for them to arrive, along with the cinch and exposed rivets.

Oh yeah you're right, part of the answer was just under my nose !

So S311 has one more button.

And I've partially found the answer to my "belt over the cinch" question.

The S8000 cinch seems to be higher and closer to the belt.

sj-s8000og17oz-s-03.jpg

The S311 cinch is clearly lower down.

sj-s311og17oz-s-04.jpg

I hope it's a good indication for the rise.

On the S8000 the belt would really be over the cinch, I don't know if it's possible to wear it with a belt without cutting it.

But on the S311 I don't know if the cinch is low enough to not interfere with the belt.

Edited by Susumu

Type II is looking great Brad. How many washes you think?

Just washed my Flathead type II after 2+ years owning but realistically only about 4-5 months of wear. In my case, my jackets really don't get dirty enough to need washing. I guess I will get around to my 25oz Type II around 2020....

4-5 I don't think it ever really needs a wash, but just do it to lighten it up really.

Really want to cop a lighterweight jacket for spring-fall as I feel this is overkill most of the time.

Has anyone had any luck with the S510 OG? I am curious as to if the extra cost is worth the interesting fading. 

I am very curious as to what the fades would look like. I was very pleased with my 710's. They fit just right. I want to pick up these 510's while I can- just a little concerned they will be too wide. 

I need some advice on sizing a Samurai sweatshirt. I can't find measurements for them anywhere. Can someone tell me how an XL would fit compared to US sizing? The Samurai site, Denimio, and 2nd all have listings but no measurements. This is the sweatshirt

http://www.samurai-jeans.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=1265

Has anyone had any luck with the S510 OG? I am curious as to if the extra cost is worth the interesting fading. 

I am very curious as to what the fades would look like. I was very pleased with my 710's. They fit just right. I want to pick up these 510's while I can- just a little concerned they will be too wide. 

Loo back a few pages - Susumu and I have a pair...