Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

The stitching about an inch below the back rivet on the coin pocket of my Lot 17 S710XX ripped after the first wash (also very weak and ready to break about an inch below the front rivet).  Small things but surprised given so little wear.  My 710's are the only jeans of many that have shown any stitching weakness right out of the gate.

John

One thing to keep in mind John, is that Samurai uses cotton thread, but most brands use a synthetic/cotton thread. So stitching can be an issue with Samurai.

I hear you bradl.  I have two 710 pairs (XX and OG) and a 15 oz. 510 -- all really nice jeans with interesting details.  Don't mean to pile on Samurai at all.  I mention the broken thread issue only because it came up in discussion and I saw it so early.  Really minor though -- the jeans may outlast me ;-)

At the grand old age of 59, I'm coming around to the idea of jeans reflecting our habits and wear patterns, rather than doing a slow overall fade (my old preference) or being pre-distressed and worn (something I never liked).

John

I also have the loose thread on the same spot of the front pockets - like on all other Samurais I've owned so far. The next week spot usually is the backpocket, where the wallet bulges and then the hem stitching. But that can be easily fixed and did never lead to my jeans falling apart. I'd prefer poly threads though.

Btw, I preordered the 710 BKB.

Edited by Max Power

The washing machine was out of order, so I made a 50°C soak with a lot of agitation (didn't want to wait any longer), got a bit more shrinkage (and the lake was bluer that night :P).

Anyway, here are some shots (pre-soak, most of) for anyone interested in the s510OG (not a lot I think :ph34r: ) :

i-LfZBRsz-L.jpg

i-66L3KhN-L.jpg

i-LgXwzVh-X2.jpg

i-6LPnnLp-XL.jpgi-93kWBfC-L.jpg

(More shots)

Those 510s looks incredible. Good on ya with that sticker price.

On an unrelated note, I haven't been wearing my 711vx pair since the TCB contest started back in October, but pulled them out today for a spin and noticed the same loose thread on the left front pocket as what's been discussed here the past few days. Neither my 710 nor 15th ann. 5000 pair have had this issue. But for Max's comment above concerning this happening on pairs he's owned, I was wondering if it was in deed something with the production this year since the 711 and OG were probably being pieced together around the same time (or at least close in proximity to one another).

Edited by Projectp

Sasumu,

Great pictures.  Can you tell us where you got them?

I love the high rise, roomy fit of my 15 oz. Texas cotton 510, as well as the color of that beautiful dark, organic denim.

Not another pair of jeans, God help me.

John

Edited by JohnM

I'm sure this is somewhere in this thread, but I figured I'd ask also — does anyone have info on the 24oz. denim used on the lot 12 S510XX jeans? Info or opinions on the denim or the jeans themselves? Thanks!

They come from 2nd.

Edit:

Organic cotton was my first requirement, then high rise and the fit like you said, got no choice on the price :P.

Susumu,

I did see the price on those -- yikes!  Funny how they're so much more expensive than other OG Samurais (e.g., 710).  Not sure why -- maybe fewer made?

John

IMG_7519_zpsda768db7.png

IMG_7518_zps6ca748dc.png

just sharing my S5000vx that I've worn about 10 months. I just find that 'A' under the pockets somehow weird. I have quite a skinny leg. is that why somehow it forms up? :unsure:

Yeah exactly. Because you're wearing them a little bit big, you get those more vertical fading lines below the back pockets which I myself love a lot. I always het those same lines. They also won't be dangerous lines with no risks of ripping there.

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

S710xx

2y++

more picts

ca055ed8-47ed-4d61-a50a-a2af28308a44.jpg

Such a hardcore denim evo seen here. Congrats to this hardcore taw denim love and keep them alive for ever!!! Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Susumu,

I did see the price on those -- yikes!  Funny how they're so much more expensive than other OG Samurais (e.g., 710).  Not sure why -- maybe fewer made?

John

Yes, as b_F said about the persimmon dyeing. And there is the natural indigo dyeing too.

The fact that it's a limited edition (300 pairs but not sure) is probably not really reflected in the price.

Anyway, here are some shots (pre-soak, most of) for anyone interested in the s510OG (not a lot I think :ph34r: ) :

Susumu - thanks for posting these pics. They are great! Just great!!! 

I love the 510 fit. 

I have the S510 25oz 15th, and I adore them. However, I got a size too large (34), and I've lost a bit of weight (20lbs) this past year since getting them, and they are way big on me. I should really post some updated fit pics... Oh, how I wish I had gotten the proper size in them, or even sized down one. I think a 32 would fit me just fine at my current weight/size. 

What I really like about the 510 is the proportion of the waist band to the hip & thigh size. Usually on almost all jeans, the waist is too big for me when the hip and thighs are right. With the 510 I get a good fit at the waist with no gapping at the back, and still plenty comfy and good range of motion in the hips and thighs without looking dumpy. Well, they look a bit dumpy on the currently skinny me... lol

I'm trying to clear out some old stuff and hunting for a new pair of jawns, that have something a little extra special. I wasn't aware of the S510OG16ozAK until now - these are now towards the top of my list. Rather spendy tho... I prefer slightly heavier denim too. My only gripe w/ Sam's is their use of cotton thread... some of the stitching on my S510 25oz has started fraying around the front pockets after only a few months of wear. 

BTW - what does "AK" stand for? (BF - do you know?) Cheers! mpp

Funny thing: I couldn't find any translation or indication on a quick search that mentioned natural indigo on this pair...

Will have to check with certain retailers if it is natural indigo & persimmon dyed or just "regular indigo" & persimmon dyed.