Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I just received a pair of S710-OG and 0510XX in 15 oz. Texas cotton (both size 35).  Fit should be good on both, especially if I lose those five pounds that were on my New Years resolutions list.

The OG denim is beautiful -- dark with a heavy softness to it.  The Texas cotton denim is lighter in color and rougher textured.  Any thoughts on whether this softens much with time?

John

Edited by JohnM

Hi Everyone, 

Not sure if this has been touched on before...didn't see anything with a quick search. 

I've noticed that the 19 oz denim seems to vary dramatically between lots. Lot 15 seems to be slubbier and more streaky while lot 17 is less slubby. This is compared on two different cuts, the 510xx and 710xx. 

I've attached some images for reference: 

510xx 19oz lot 17

20140903_211700.jpg

s710xx 19 oz lot 15 

20140903_211649.jpg

If these are indeed both the kiwami denim, why are they so different?

Any ideas?

Denim changes from production to production. This is valid for every denim and company

There are many reasons for that. First the cotton (a natural product), the spinning of the yarn, the dyeing of the yarn, the actual milling...

Influencing factors could be: a different machine did the job (maybe same type but still a different one), differences in temperature and humidity while dyeing and milling. There are many reasons for that.

Still your pictures shows quite a difference. Is the picture of the 710 after washing/soaking? Denim looks kinda raw.

Both images show denim in their raw state, untouched by water. You do bring up a great point with variations in cotton and the entire weaving process. I've just never seen the 19 oz denim look the way it does in lot 17 so I'm quite surprised (I've seen 710 from Lot 13 and up...) and was wondering if there was something dramatic that Samurai is doing for their new lots. 

I guess if anything this can serve as a heads up for those looking to buy new 710xx 

Thanks for your feedback! 

In my opinion, the denim on the 510 19oz looks better than the 710 ;)

Because it looks tighter woven and darker.

But this is just a personal preference.

To end: especially on Samurai denim there are big changes from Lot to Lot in the denim. MaxPower had the same experience with the 19oz denim just like you and I experienced it dramatically with the 15oz Texas Cotton denim. Lot.11 is my favorite when it comes to the 15oz Texas Cotton denim and also the 17oz Zero/VX denim.

My 710 OGs arrived yesterday. A little looser in the lower leg than I'm used to but they're still good. The denim on these is pretty damn nice. 

UpnGEjxl.jpg

And a fit pic, SD1. Gave them 2 runs though a washing machine on warm with low spin. 

n7flME0l.jpg

I'm gonna wait maybe a week or so to see how they settle. If they don't look clean I'll probably cuff them and get a hem down the road. I'd have to send them away for a hem because the only local tailor who's capable of chain stitching doesn't do the greatest job. 

I'm gonna wait maybe a week or so to see how they settle. If they don't look clean I'll probably cuff them and get a hem down the road. I'd have to send them away for a hem because the only local tailor who's capable of chain stitching doesn't do the greatest job.

Lovemeblue?

Eh I feel like she did an alright job. My s710 were starting to tear in crotch and I just brought them in for the seam to be re stitched but she didn't even see if I wanted to fix crotch.

But repairs were good, just can be pricy bringing in a bunch

those look black/black what are those o.o i feel like im missing something

Edit: Disregard i looked back, i would still love a pair of Black/Black Sam's or really any super nice crispy denim that is black/black

Edited by FLDenim211

What's the LX denim like?

It is not really the standard Zero/VX denim. It is a 17oz RHT denim...but from the pics it seems different. It has also a different, blue selvedge line. Usually the blue selvedge on the 17oz denim was an indicator for LHT denim but from the description it really is a RHT denim

Nice fits on your OGs everyone.

I finally managed to get some pics of mine (710).

Also got the samuraiX2nd texas cotton 710 from edmond coming. Gonna be a tough decision which one to break in first. the others are one size bigger, though...

nice to see you Atzec! They really fit you great! You went with size 33, right?