Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

The Samurai S710-OG is tempting but I'm also thinking about the Samurai 510 cut in either 15 or 19 oz.  Is the 510 sort of like a 710 with a bit more room in the seat and thighs?  I've looked over BF's fit guide and that looks to be the case but I thought I'd check in here with those familiar with both.  Also, any preference between Samurai's 15 and 19 oz. denim?

Thanks.

John

image-18.jpg

image-19.jpg

image-20.jpg

My 500s against red hawk.

Post soak 40min

W 36 (hanger)

Th 13.2

Fr 11.4

Br 15.25

In 35.5

H 8.5

Probably have a good 1 inch left of shrink in the inseam and a .25 inch everywhere else but I think I'm gonna break em in as is. Had them chopped down 2 inches by BIG with the lemon stitch for extra contrast. Rest of the stitching is orange. I am stoked on these. 500s gonna chill for a bit.

Edited by Robert Langdon

I've always soaked new jeans outside-in and dried them the same way.  The only time I turn them inside-out is if/when they go in the washing machine since the abrasion from the machine can cause very clearly defined (white) marks

What's the difference between outside-in and inside-out?!

Well, the are ok now. I love everything in that cut but the croth / thigh area is still a bit too tight - 0,5" more thigh or hip would already do the trick. I've worn them 5 days in the office so far. As I try to get my hands on the 500OG as well, I can live with a tighter fit in them 8as long as I don't have to sit all day). They need a hemjob though, but I'll wait until the 500 has arrived. I wrote 5 mails to 2nd and am still not sure what's so hard to understand when I tell them to "hem to 91 cm in unwashed state". Given my current bad luck in sizing, they hemmed them to 30".

Edited by Max Power

I need to know more about the S711vx. Has anyone got them yet? I saw that Denimio has a few pair but I'd love to see a fit pic.

I have a pair and posted pre-soak specs a few pages back, but slacked getting pics and updated measurements up after washing. I just sent them to BIG this afternoon for hemming/chain-stitching, and won't be getting them back until I'm up in New York in a few weeks.

I’ve been wearing them every day for the past 2 ½ weeks. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I’ve favored more regular cuts recently, so the transition back to something slim/tailored took some adjustment. That being said, the vx denim stretches quite a bit and the 711 feel like maybe they’ve stretched out past raw measurements (definitely in the waist). I have a size 33 pair of 710 and a size 32 pair of 5000, but went with a 34 in the 711. They have a noticeably lower rise than the 5000, and are much more slim through the upper thigh than the 710. However, despite being a slim cut, I don’t feel movement restriction like I have in other slim/skinny cuts, which could be due to the vx denim.

I have a pair and posted pre-soak specs a few pages back, but slacked getting pics and updated measurements up after washing. I just sent them to BIG this afternoon for hemming/chain-stitching, and won't be getting them back until I'm up in New York in a few weeks.

I’ve been wearing them every day for the past 2 ½ weeks. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I’ve favored more regular cuts recently, so the transition back to something slim/tailored took some adjustment. That being said, the vx denim stretches quite a bit and the 711 feel like maybe they’ve stretched out past raw measurements (definitely in the waist). I have a size 33 pair of 710 and a size 32 pair of 5000, but went with a 34 in the 711. They have a noticeably lower rise than the 5000, and are much more slim through the upper thigh than the 710. However, despite being a slim cut, I don’t feel movement restriction like I have in other slim/skinny cuts, which could be due to the vx denim.

My man! Thank you very much for that info.