Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Anderson Beane, real working cowboy boots.  I should have thrown the spurs on for effect but they're out in the truck, too much trouble.  Not for everyone, but thanks for asking.IMG_1568_zps550bfb3d.jpg

I always wanted to go up to the Calgary Stampede; closest I got was Cheyenne Frontier Days.  You have the daddy of them all in your back yard, hope you get to enjoy it some day!

Paired with cowboy boots they look pretty decent. Don't always expect people to wear it with proper footwear.

Haven't been to Stampede in probably 6 years? Country music is the polar opposite of my type of music ;)

Don't get me wrong, on the right person they can work. 

The thing is I live in a "cowboy" town, and all the jack ass's throw their bootcut pants on with their cowboy boots. So that has just ruined it for me there.

Bootcuts with cowboy boots . . . hmmm, yea, what were they thinking?!  Lol.

Bootcuts with cowboy boots . . . hmmm, yea, what were they thinking?!  Lol.

Yeah it is kinda meant to be workwear.  People in NE still do manual labor :) work boots, and cowboy boots go underneath.  Doesn't make much sense to wear em with flip-flops, or boat shoes.  You end up looking a bit sloppy like a hippie otherwise.

Yeah it is kinda meant to be workwear.  People in NE still do manual labor :) work boots, and cowboy boots go underneath.  Doesn't make much sense to wear em with flip-flops, or boat shoes.  You end up looking a bit sloppy like a hippie otherwise.

Hippies are cool!  Ask me how I know!  

Anyway, I spent some time in Ogalalla and Valentine celebrating with some Lakota friends of mine back in the day, and I survived it, too!  Sandhills are kinda nice.

Anderson Beane, real working cowboy boots.  I should have thrown the spurs on for effect but they're out in the truck, too much trouble.  Not for everyone, but thanks for asking.IMG_1561_zpsa81c1ac4.jpgIMG_1562_zps3975298e.jpgIMG_1568_zps550bfb3d.jpgIMG_1568_zps550bfb3d.jpg

I dig both, the fit and the boots. May grab a pair while im waiting on the 710VX to come out. definitely interested to se how these progress.

I'm at a little welsh hippie gig at the moment straightarrow. Not my usual scene and while I don't think I could personally rock the cowboy boot/boot cut look, you would go down a storm here dude for sure!

Wish I were there!  Suppose they'd let in an old smartassed Irish cowboy hippie?  The Welsh are Celtic, too, after all . . . enjoy!

Straightarrow - I think you are going to divide the crowd with those! Boot cuts are generally a love/hate thing it seems... From my point of view, although I couldn't rock em, I think it's great to see a pair being worn properly and as intended.

It is also genuinely interesting to see a less worn cut and I think you carry them off well. Looks like there is going to be some really unique fading and development with them, if the current creases are anything to go by.

And yes, I expect an old smartassed Irish cowboy hippie would have been made most welcome at the gig - more so i suspect than an old smartassed English chappie like myself :) . Really good atmosphere though and the music wasn't half bad, if not my usual cup of tea these days.

Bonus pics of 5000vx at the gig. Luckily I wasn't too drunk to take some decent pictures....

9slJOWa.png

ON4O3AA.png

7pSqioV.png Oh.

Luckily this actually helped me fit right in - I heard someone say "blokes so wasted he's taking pictures of his legs".

Then I blinded the band by trying to use the flash and had to leg it.

Edited by Artisandenim

Straightarrow - I think you are going to divide the crowd with those! Boot cuts are generally a love/hate thing it seems... From my point of view, although I couldn't rock em, I think it's great to see a pair being worn properly and as intended.

It is also genuinely interesting to see a less worn cut and I think you carry them off well. Looks like there is going to be some really unique fading and development with them, if the current creases are anything to go by.

And yes, I expect an old smartassed Irish cowboy hippie would have been made most welcome at the gig - more so i suspect than an old smartassed English chappie like myself :) . Really good atmosphere though and the music wasn't half bad, if not my usual cup of tea these days.

Thanks for the compliment mate.  In my case, it's not so much a fashion choice as it is second nature since I grew up in them; if I'm not wearing bootcuts (I only own one pair of Levi's 501s) I look down and wonder where the rest of my jeans are . . . messes up my whole fung shui.  

If I ever get over there (my son is moving to Nottingham soon to join his English wife there) I will have to look you up and buy you a pint of the black stuff . . .

And thanks again to all who offered advice when I was in the buying process.

Cheers!

^this summer seems to be still the schedule, but as the Folks in the IHF say - IWHWIH (it will happen when it happens).

Tried out the new lense on my 710XX. It's hard to get the images right, as the conversion of the lense/camera gives it a pretty close zoom, so I have to move away from the objects.

0gftIN8.jpg

Qfztoc3.jpg

7IjOIOm.jpg

Judging from the pictures, the Lot 14 denim was less slubby than the Lot 16. Might be a coincidence, though.

4sIZznx.jpg

Just got a pair of 710XX from BiG. I went TTS with size 29. I haven't soaked them yet because I'm worried they're too big / not the cut for me. I have about an inch of space in the waist where I am wearing them now, and the thighs are comfortable. Seat looks pretty baggy though.

What do you guys think of the fit? Should / Could I size down 1 if I wanted a slimmer cut? These are lot 15.

Edited by fishtacologin

Hard to tell, how loose the waist  actually is. I am reapeating it like a broken record - the 710 is not a skinny or real Slim fit. You look pretty short, that might make the fit look looser as well. I personally think they will fit fine after soaking, but you must judge if they "feel" right and wether they are the cut you were looking for or not.

The huge ass and hipflare is pretty normal with Samurai and takes some weeks and washes to get better.

Edited by Max Power

Legs look fine, top block/hip/seat looks sloppy. The 710 has quite a high back rise or rise in general, adding room to the seat area. Maybe you should look for a different cut with lower rise (S610 for example or S5000).

A size down would also be possible. But first, make sure what fit you are after

holla

just post this caption bellow in s‘’market

wtb samurai s7000vx rr in w34 or 35 or 36 nos condition or 1 wash or hardly wear.

pm me if some one want to sell it.

From the samurai blog. 710vx. Jin buttons, selvedge on the inside button fly, contrast arc, special patch:[url=http://delbombers.ocnk.net/phone/product/128]http://delbombers.ocnk.net/phone/product/128

@fishtacologin

I actually like the fit on you contrary to bf and max power. They looked sized up IMO but nothing a wash won't take care of. I say wear and tear.Personally I like a more relaxed anti-fit. I've bought tts in the past, although a much bigger (size 34), and I noticed faster crotch fades headed towards blow outs. Not a big fan of 300$ jeans that don't last. The last pair I bought is 2 sizes too big to allow for shrinkage and frequent washes. I'm starting to go by the old levis 501 flasher. Size up 1 or 2 depending on waist/length size and so on and so forth. Hope this helps your decision.

Edited by Robert Langdon