terutt

• 2 weeks later...

Thirty two ounces, eighteen months.

adkdrkg.jpg

click here for big

CHF9WVG.jpg

click here for big

I posted a big old photopile over at /r/rawdenim, which you can see

here if you want some detailed views of stuff.

I'm so glad someone is wearing the Beasts.  I'm way too much of a pussy for 32 oz, but the people willing to wear them have some pretty special jeans.  Good work sir.

What's the shrinkage like on the 32oz's? 

I didn't take any "before" measurements, unfortunately, but I'd ballpark it at about two inches off the inseam, maybe a bit over an inch in the waist on a size 30.  Fraction of an inch in the rise/thigh/etc.

What's the shrinkage like on the 32oz's? 

i didn't take pre or post measurements either, but they shrink a lot. definitely size up at least one if you're going to have any water touch them at any point in time. i can wear N&F size 27 weird guys, so i felt safe buying a size 28. over two years of straight daily wear later and i still have to jump into my pair every time i put them on. every once in a while i still have an "OW! MY BAWWWS!" moment while i'm just walking. the N&F guys joked around when they were selling them that they are guaranteed uncomfortable or your money back. i'm definitely not getting my money back.

Are all naked and famous non-selvedge denim unsanforized or sanforized? I have a pair of raw weird guy soft stretch(non selvedge)..waist is kinda big. Trying to figure out the next step to shrink them a bit bc the fit is great but requires a belt.

Also emailed N&F about this. Idk how helpful they are but hopefully they can assist me.

Most of (about 95%) of N&F denim is sanforized. I guess the pair you have, also is. No need to go into the trouble of soaking them to shrink them up. They will not shrink that much and the nature of sanforized denim is that it stretches back to where it was before you soaked/washed them, in no time.

Has anybody ever seen someone actually wearing or owning the Black/Black 32oz?

I have been getting super interested in the idea of the black/black 32oz lately since I am wanting to try out sulphur dyed denim. I've got the indigo 32oz and have been super happy with them so far.

Also yes, I'm an idiot for even considering the second pair. My curiosity has been piqued but I can find absolutely nothing online. So far the only photos I could even find are the ones on T&Y. 

Been talking about this over at /r/rawdenim and already posted about it here once.

Hey guys, new to Superfuture. 

Anyways curious if anyone has had issues with the vintage hoodies as of lately. My older ones held up great but both newer ones I've gotten formed holes at the shoulder seams after the first wash.

Still wondering about this. Here's the state of the last few hoodies. First two had holes around the shoulders and the third has splitting in the hood. 

http://imgur.com/a/5bDXp

OTUUeUK.jpg

UMKKEde.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/nph9F

7m8p0ff.jpg

Z05xSJn.jpg

Edited by Noctilux

My first pair of N&F were the Elephant 1's. My fucking sister washed em and put them in the dryer after 8 months wear and basically ruined them because they shrunk so bad i couldn't fit in them and gave em to my cousin who was a 28 waist. Mind you they were 33 waist.

So yeah I'm trying to buy another pair. I'm looking at the Elephant 3 WG or the deep indiglo WG. I'm a 34 waist, I have muscular thighs so I need some movement to avoid crotch blowout. The E1 was 22oz if I remember correctly?

And the E3 is 19oz. Stretching should be a bit easier right?

What do you guys think? I need the help lol

Are you saying, that you got at least 5" shrinkage out of a sanforized pair of jeans? Normally you would expect that you can stretch all the shrinkage back within a few days, especially when the denim is sanforized. N&F seem to run bigger than tagged, so you should be fine with the same size as you had before.

Are you saying, that you got at least 5" shrinkage out of a sanforized pair of jeans? Normally you would expect that you can stretch all the shrinkage back within a few days, especially when the denim is sanforized. N&F seem to run bigger than tagged, so you should be fine with the same size as you had before.

i'd say i got a 3" shrinkage. he uses a belt with them.

the re-stretch process was too much for me

Also the Deep Indiglo WG is 15oz at 170$ and the E3 WG is 19oz at 175$ . why only a 5 dollar difference?

seems a little off no?

Edited by MosNY

The weird guy fit can be misleading if you don't take all aspects of it into account.  Since it has a slim "top block" you might find that you don't have enough, well, room down there, even if you go with your regular waist size.  In my case a 34w Levis STF fits me perfectly, but I can just barely fit into one of my old 34w N&F WG's.  Something to consider when you are taking a look at new jeans.  

As for $170 vs $175, I think the actual value of these jeans is basically the same regardless of the weight difference.  I am sure N&F is thrilled to be able to charge even $5 more for the 19oz.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

any recommendations for size and cut for someone who is 5' 6" and ~140 lbs. Ive tried a few pairs in the past and didnt like the fit but maybe i will try again.

do you want a skinnier looking jean or a slim straight one? Which pairs and cuts have you tried?