• Please log in to reply
5791 replies to this topic

#1 terutt

terutt

semibored

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

Here in Vancouver there's not a whole lot of places you can find selvage (i.e. Dutil, and that's about it) so I'm a little excited that there's a Canadian selvage label now. For all you people in Vancouver on Feb. 1, Naked & Famous denim debuts at FAB's Kerrisdale location.

http://denimnews.blo...-famous-is.html

#2 totally epic

totally epic

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • style:dainty
  • attitude:hater

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

21oz for $120...that's a pretty sweet deal. I wonder what the cut is like. Looks straight-leg from the pics.

#3 persephone

persephone

semibored

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

the denim on the "Big Slub Indigo Selvedge" model looks very nice. looks exactly like a certain japanese pair i cant recall. they need to sell these online now.

#4 wowsors

wowsors

semibored

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

not feeling the color
im cheap and i still look good :cool:

#5 lenn

lenn

superbored

• Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

a while back the dude who owns that company walked into the store i work (in amsterdam) and later on he brought some denim so me and my colleagues could have a look... great deal when you compare the price to the quality, i'm looking forward to see some worn in pairs

#6 pacioli

pacioli

superbored

• Pip
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

21oz for $120...that's a pretty sweet deal. I wonder what the cut is like. Looks straight-leg from the pics.

The 21 oz is actually at $200 USD per pair...$120 is for their entry level 13 oz selvage and the denim is much more interesting than APC's.

In their Slim Guy = straight leg. fit.

#7 viv1984viv

viv1984viv

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,804 posts
  • biography:s40500N, eternal 868, eternal, 877, PBJ 005, Kapital cisco no4 denim, APC NS indigo & grey, Julian R

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:02 PM

From what ive seen, the slubby ones ( its obviously id like em.. ) are their most potential piece for me.. loads of companys outside of japan offer raw selvedge denim for first timers but not many companys like nudie, apc, 5ep etc really offer an interesting weave of denim thats similar to something only a few brands from japan do. N&F are maybe the first people to do this ( although nudie have done it abit, but from what I remember only special editions )..... making their gateway denims much tastier than others. -In that the wonder of raw denim is available quite widely already but now, with N&F, slub and texture of slubby selvedge denim is also accessible

Hope to see more.

#8 cory_ostertag

cory_ostertag

semibored

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

i have the lookbook for their line.
mentions nothing about 21 oz, only 18. There's also an white 18 oz selvage.
Also, a couple skinny fit models, one of which is 67% cotton, 30% SILK??? and 3% elastan.

#9 darkness2505

darkness2505

semibored

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

#10 photo

photo

superbored

• Pip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

$200 for 21oz wow thats not bad, any word on the cut of it? Does Dutil or FAB have online sales?

#11 terutt

terutt

semibored

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

^Unfortunately no for both, both shops are just local Vancouver boutiques.

#12 Guest_noogsahoy_*

Guest_noogsahoy_*

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:36 AM

do they have a slim black pair?
to whoever had the lookbook can you scan and upload :D

#13 photo

photo

superbored

• Pip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

Terutt, have you seen these in person? Your opinion on them? Local pick ups possibly?

#14 terutt

terutt

semibored

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:16 AM

They don't come out until Feb.1 over here, but I'll definately mosey on to FAB then with my camera. Not sure I'm ready to set up a proxy service on a whim though, I still live at home, and my dad might think I'm dealing pot.

#15 simontuntelder

simontuntelder

superbored

• Pip
  • 261 posts
  • style:none
  • denim:size 34

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Fantastic. Keep us updated.

Cheers

#16 cory_ostertag

cory_ostertag

semibored

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

there is a skinny black pair. Their 'slim' model doesn't appear to be all that slim but who knows, could just be how they are being modeled.

I don't have access to a scanner, so I can't scan the lookbook.

To be honest, i wouldn't get TOO excited about this line. That blog mentions apc quality for 20 dollars less, but i'd say that's a stretch. I wouldn't expect much more than cheap monday quality.

The jeans appear to be decent, HOWEVER, the brands marketing is lame (it's called naked and famous for one).

And there's something weird about their big slub selvage.... almost too flamy...

#17 pacioli

pacioli

superbored

• Pip
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hey Cory- I think the look book you have may be an older version, especially if the 21 oz model is not shown.

The denim is actually quite nice. I pulled pieces of loose weft and warp yarn from their swatch book (you can safely do this by taking from back pocket seams sometimes) when no one was looking to undo the ring spin. I found the cotton fibers to be fairly long with good indigo ring dye effect. Most of their fabrics have interesting character even when not faded.

I understand the APC denim is actually part of the mill's lower price line of selvage denim with low dip and high starch content for faster, higher fade contrast. While you may get a nice wear pattern in as little as six months I actually don't think the fabric itself is all that interesting compared to what's out there. Part of APC's appeal (and I'm wearing my New Standards as I'm typing this) is the durable (not necessarily vintage inspired) construction along with how easy it is to personalize them with your own wear pattern.

#18 skiniks

skiniks

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

i really wanna see the black power stretch, get that look book up!

#19 mr fluffernutter

mr fluffernutter

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,967 posts
  • wish i was in:heaven

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

AHHHH NO AREOLA!!

#20 dhalgren

dhalgren

bored

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:16 AM

Hey skiniks, I'll get the lookbook up very shortly. The Black Power Stretch fabric is badass. Ultra black with a subtle shine, nice tight weave.

diamonds, its true, no areola... I wanted to keep it simple + clean. ;)

#21 photo

photo

superbored

• Pip
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:07 AM

Dhalgren, which shops in Canada are you going with and what would be the approximate time when they would get them?Thanks

#22 dhalgren

dhalgren

bored

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:06 AM

Hey photo, our jeans will be available at hi-end specialty boutiques all across Canada. What city are you in?... I'll tell you the closest store carrying our line.

#23 kakemono

kakemono

bored

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:19 AM

So the slim guy is only available in the flame-detailed-jean, black, and the 21oz?

arg

#24 bigblack

bigblack

bored

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:47 AM

whats the sizing on the slim guys? i'm in the market for some black selvedge jeans and i might want to pick these up when they come out.

#25 photo

photo

superbored

• Pip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:18 AM

Hey photo, our jeans will be available at hi-end specialty boutiques all across Canada. What city are you in?... I'll tell you the closest store carrying our line.

Toronto or Calgary, hopefully more Calgary.
Thanks

#26 indigo_junkie

indigo_junkie

superbored

• Pip
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

Will any online stores be carrying this? eg. Revolve, Context etc...

#27 dhalgren

dhalgren

bored

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

kakemono, the SlimGuy is available in our 18oz Big Slub Indigo Selvedge denim... its not really a flame detail, its just the slubby texture combined with flash photography. Its also available in 13oz black selvedge and in the Fall in a 21oz thick indigo selvedge denim.

bigblack, the SlimGuy sizing will be: 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38

photo, in Calgary we sell to Songkla, for now they have only ordered the SlimGuy in Big Slub Selvedge Indigo, but check back often with them for new styles. In Toronto, the jeans will be available at Lileo, Over The Rainbow, TNT Blu and Showroom.

indigo_junkie, as of now we dont sell to any online stores. But, I will post if we do. What area do you live in? Perhaps I can point you to a boutique nearby?

#28 indigo_junkie

indigo_junkie

superbored

• Pip
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:01 AM

I live in Sydney, Australia. Have you ever thought about direct online sales as well?

#29 deadmarines

deadmarines

semibored

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:00 AM

Are you thinking of selling anywhere in California? These jeans look good, I'm really excited to see more.

#30 hobobobo314

hobobobo314

bored

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

dude that big slub looks nice. definately keeping my eye on this