Getting Ahead: music broadcast via internet (dub, hip hop, jazz, folk, fuck)

2197597489_e257cc5d5e.jpg

Getting Ahead of Ourselves (first and third Tuesdays, 7-9 PM EASTERN) - A free-form program of progressive music for progressive ears. John Pettit, OK (that's me) and guests host a program playing music on the fringes of jazz, prog, funk, indie, dub, ambient, found sound and hip-hop. Stay tuned for various guest DJ's, themes and interviews.

An added bonus is that Bill Moriarty (producer of Man-Man, Dr. Dog, Make A Rising) is a guest playing stuff tonight.

AOL AIM name: gtownradio

• 2 months later...

hello superfuturians. bumping this b/c i will be DJ-ing tonight over the electronic airwaves between the hours of 7 PM and 9 PM (eastern) on G-Town radio. some dub, early moog music, found sounds, a little jazz, a bit of 90's hardcore, funk, hip-hop, late 80's R&B, found sound, field recordings, american roots music, electronic, and whatever is in arm's reach that makes sound when it spins. this is something of a triumphant return since touring (make a rising), sickness and death/rebirth has gotten in the way lately. so expect us to be on our A-game. it can be lonely in space....

xoxoxo

ddml

aka DJ OK (ouroboros kindergarten)

• 3 weeks later...

dd, do you guys backup your broadcasts? i'd really like to download them since im usually busy at the times you are on-air. your site only shows playlists and im wondering if there are archives...

yeah, they are all recorded, but we haven't done anything with them

maybe we will put together podcasts or something

a number of people have been asking the same thing

i will bring an external hd to the studio tonight..........

word. please do, im sure all it will be much appreciated, and if you're worried about innundation, maybe release them one at a time, or only have them up for a limited time...?

anyways, i look forward to downloading them if you get around to it.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend (who was the lead singer and primary songwriter of the now-defunct band Sound Team, [Capitol Records]) thinks Dr. Dog is one of the best bands in the world right now. I saw them at the SXSW party at Sound Team's studio. Pretty spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...