Engineered Garments s/s 08

doctorgnar

Lookbook posted recently at http://engineeredgarments.com/

I don't see why the other SF has to have a corner on EG threads. Hoping to get something going here.

I'm not crazy about the fit of a lot of these pieces on this model, but I do like the look of it for the most part. I like the striped shawl collar shirt and navy bedford coat a lot. Anyway, EG always seems like more of a f/w brand to me - as is just about everything I like.

gonna be honest:

don't get it at all.

only look I can even remotely think about liking is the last one. I almost spat on my monitor when I saw the first look. the rest of it just looks very sloppy to me, not in a yohji oversized workwear vein- just plain sloppy.

Lookbook posted recently at http://engineeredgarments.com/

I don't see why the other SF has to have a corner on EG threads. Hoping to get something going here.

I'm not crazy about the fit of a lot of these pieces on this model, but I do like the look of it for the most part. I like the striped shawl collar shirt and navy bedford coat a lot. Anyway, EG always seems like more of a f/w brand to me - as is just about everything I like.

Your just not used to seeing a vision like EG, and you probably wont again. There isnt a designer today, a hundred years ago, and a hundred years from now with his imagination in fashion. You can take that to the bank. He has about 30 revolutionary styles on his website. There are few designers today that can claim 1 or 2 unique looks as signature styles. ON TOP OF THAT HE IS AN AMERICAN DESIGNER. fashion innovation from an american label is unheard of. Not even the big boys on Madison Ave can make that claim.

I really don't like it personally. I mean, I can see wearing some of the pieces that are more basic, like maybe the band-collar shirt or some of the wrinkled blazers and such for laid back days or things, but, if the lookbook is a correct representation, I really hate how pretty much all the items appear to fit, they don't appear to be very flattering at all, they all seem baggy and very loose fitting. I do like the last look best though, very much liking the bow tie.

- Ben

I'm a fan of engineered garments. They're well made clothes and they're well designed and made with nice materials. I don't believe that too many of the pieces can really be worked into a "Sufu aesthetic" (aside from our 1920s super denim sartorial splinter group) and since SuFu is primarily a shopping forum it doesn't get brought up too much.

I agree that they are much more of a F/W brand, their S/S collections always look remarkably similiar.

i also like EG. i picked up the Bedford coat late summer and absolutely love it. and the fit tapered jeans are probably the best fitting jeans i own.

i like the S/S collection but don't like the model. they could have picked someone else. but, from what i've heard there should be plenty more coming out. they don't always show everything on their website, as was the case with A/W 07 and past collections.

a f/w brand, they have some nice, well made clothes (i only have a single shirt by them but its very nice) however, alot of their asthetic and look is both dramatically different from a su-fu look and ideology as servo said, i don;t think it even fits in that well with a workwear, vintage denim outfits as alot of thier pieces draw more inspiration from a more outdoor and hunting line then that lends itself too. I don't really think this is a strong collection, it seems pretty boring compared to some of their f/w stuff and generally pretty forced and not that nice to look at, however as someone at the other SF pointed out, their lookbooks are often pretty bad and don;t really contain a full selection of what will eventually be on the shelves

I'm really not interested in a discussion of whether or not EG fits in with the Su-Fu look. It's clear that lots of people here are interested in the brand - and I personally think it fits in better than lots of the most popular brands here do, it just hasn't necessarily been endorsed by some of the 'heavy hitters.' And I don't want to have to go to the other SF for info or whatever.

Although, that dude Tim posted some better images over there - hopefully he'll share with us as well. I too am looking forward to seeing what else EG will offer - the lookbook is definitely incomplete.

Engineered Garments is one of my favorite labels. Their previous seasons were light years above par. While I do agree that the upcoming season so far is...lacking, I have full faith that EG will hit us with more than what the lookbook (or whatever you call it) is offering.

Your just not used to seeing a vision like EG, and you probably wont again. There isnt a designer today, a hundred years ago, and a hundred years from now with his imagination in fashion. You can take that to the bank. He has about 30 revolutionary styles on his website. There are few designers today that can claim 1 or 2 unique looks as signature styles. ON TOP OF THAT HE IS AN AMERICAN DESIGNER. fashion innovation from an american label is unheard of. Not even the big boys on Madison Ave can make that claim.

i dont see how any of the looks are revolutionary, the materials and pieces themselves conform to decades of established fashion norms (burberry's trench, classic roomy tailoring on a linen suit, etc)

when you say innovative and revolutionary, the names the spring to mind are thom browne, gareth pugh, ksubi, you know, people who put their necks out there

while i dont doubt the quality and utility of the garments (they've been endorsed by many a user here), nor do i doubt that engineered garments has a unique vision, its not contributing anything significantly new to the fashion conversation, so to speak

i like this brand and theres alot of quality in the details, but i still find the pieces too boring and conservative to spend alot of money on.. also the models and looks they make dont really make the stuff look too appealing

the fit is actually quite slim and more modern than the lookbooks would indicate

Why did they use such a short and stubby model? The clothes look TOO wide and sloppy as other posters mentioned. I think if they used a better model some of the fits would have looked better. But overall, the entire effect is lacking.

Why did they use such a short and stubby model? The clothes look TOO wide and sloppy as other posters mentioned. I think if they used a better model some of the fits would have looked better. But overall, the entire effect is lacking.

I think there is a reason behind this model. A lot of jackets and shirts from eg I tried on were cut for short stubby people. I'm pretty normal build 5'9'', ~170lbs, my shoulders are wider than my chest and my chest is wider than my waist so I guess I have a somewhat athletic build. None of that stuff fit me. If the shoulders worked than the waist or length were off, if the length was fine than I couldn't button up the jacket.

I read on style forum how everyone loves this brand but the f/w collection was available at Barneys forever and there are still many pieces left with 60% off. So what gives?

• 2 months later...

can we fast forward to F/W already and displace the shitty S/S stuff

i dont see how any of the looks are revolutionary, the materials and pieces themselves conform to decades of established fashion norms (burberry's trench, classic roomy tailoring on a linen suit, etc)

when you say innovative and revolutionary, the names the spring to mind are thom browne, gareth pugh, ksubi, you know, people who put their necks out there

while i dont doubt the quality and utility of the garments (they've been endorsed by many a user here), nor do i doubt that engineered garments has a unique vision, its not contributing anything significantly new to the fashion conversation, so to speak

ok i know i'm pretty late...... but damn. way to miss the point completely

Hollerrrrrr!

n4806772_31800941_7689.jpg