state your beer, drinkers

Am I the only one that thinks stella is overrated?

the thing with Stella is, in Belgium it's basically your light, fallback beer when you don't feel like getting buzzed in five seconds from all their deliciously strong shit. i think there is a time and place for Stella just like there's a time and place for Corona and other beers that are less expensive than the flimsy aluminum can they're in.

imported beer is way expensive in Brazil, i'm jealous of all you North Americans and your widely available variety of microbrews! I'm stuck with Skol most of the time (which i don't actually mind . . .)

• 2 months later...

jacksonville florida... in a neighborhood right outside of downtown.

he also lets people paint on the fence and walls outside in the back... hes been the main force behind underground hip hop in jacksonville for years, so writers go there to practice... there is a whole yard area behind the plcae with picnic tables and fires when its cold.

wow, if i ever go to florida i will definitely check it out, sounds great. what's the name of the place anyway?

its called shantytown pub... 6th street in springfield if your in jacksonville. its the only place i go out to anymore.

its exactly the type of place ive always wanted to see... good beer and wine, good music, and no pretentiousness. also a stack of 90s transworlds and source mags for some memories

Easy.

1. Guinness

2. John Smith's

3. Wife beater

4. Worthington Cream Flow

5. Brains SA

6. Brains Special Dark

7. Carling

8. Grolsch

9. Steel Reserve

10. Evil eye

I question some of your choices... well, actually all of them. Steel Reserve?!?! Stella Artois?!?! Carling?!? Is this a top 10 beer list, or the list of 10 kinds of swill you'd be caught with at the local?

I question some of your choices... well, actually all of them. Steel Reserve?!?! Stella Artois?!?! Carling?!? Is this a top 10 beer list, or the list of 10 kinds of swill you'd be caught with at the local?

Ha.. must love the wifebeater. I just threw up Steel Reserve because I used to drink it quite a bit back home.. and I just happen to like Carling for no particular reason.

If cheap beer is your thing come to Pittsburgh. Its as if inflation never made it here. Dollars drafts everywhere all day every day and depending on where you go, its normally something pretty decent ala Hoegaarden, Sierra Nevada...

really? sounds like a fucking deal...

I live up the road from Anheuser-Busch so Budweiser and related brands are usually the cheap stuff. Our local bars had penny pitchers and $5 trays of the 8 oz solo cups of the stuff, we used to get killed for anywhere from $5-15 a night in college.

My fondest memories though are of rounding up my Japanese friends and taking them out to random white trash bars and lounges. $1 cans of PBR at a bar, but the memories are priceless.

This is off topic, but relating to your bar's name.

My friends volunteer for this 'Adopt a Block' program shit where they walk around and pick up trash around the neighborhood. The other day a journalist for the newspaper got assigned to follow them around for a morning and do a piece on the program. Well they decided to scare the crap out of him by wandering through some particularly seedy back alleys in my already seedy neighborhood. Long story they wander down one alley next to a busway and actually found a shanty town. Crackpipes everywhere huge structures of cardboard boxes... It was under the bridge like two blocks down from me.

really? sounds like a fucking deal...

I live up the road from Anheuser-Busch so Budweiser and related brands are usually the cheap stuff. Our local bars had penny pitchers and $5 trays of the 8 oz solo cups of the stuff, we used to get killed for anywhere from $5-15 a night in college.

My fondest memories though are of rounding up my Japanese friends and taking them out to random white trash bars and lounges. $1 cans of PBR at a bar, but the memories are priceless.

wait wait wait... i know your thing says seoul, but do you live in saint louis?

OMG L1KE I WAS BORN IN SEOUL TOO!111212421456432