Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Yeah I have a pair of 666's and Beatles and I prefer the latter.  The 666's are pretty tight in the thighs for me and the rise is a touch awkward for me.  Its a shame because I love the 25oz fabric so I wish I could wear the 666's more but they're just a bit too uncomfortable.

I also heard somewhere that Japanese 666's maybe slimmer than for-export 666's?  I haven't really done any legwork (pun) to figure out if that is true.  I purchased them from Vari so they'd be Japanese models.

IHxBo1

1x handwash, 1x hotsoak, 1x seawash, 3x machinewash

Sept'13 - Sept'15

5E8D2214-7151-4EBB-AAA2-5BBF00E739D5_zps

been a long time,

sr's lost count of everything

DSC_2890.jpg

Those two Holy Grail items deserve an eternal life for sure.

I just can't stop watching those beauties reflecting the full power of natural denim evolution at its best.

beatle (http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/user/107954-beatle/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Iron Heart Jeans".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah ... Chocolate man strikes again

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot beatle, yeah surprisingly I'm still alive ha ha

Just picked up a pair of 666-XHS from IHUK. This moment is long overdue...

E567AE7B-1829-445E-B4E8-696C40BADE91_zps

43FB3535-F59E-40D2-A95B-F14A4F50E400_zps

CCE02024-BBAD-484A-8CF8-9868066A3866_zps

DA9ADB01-3D20-40BA-82D9-12789D66D9BF_zps

These remind me a lot of my SEXIHXLSXA13's when they were new. The denim is so thick and rigid and dark. I didn't have quite as tough of an experience as some people have, but this denim is no joke. It's going to take me forever to tame these things. Next pics will be after a soak/wash and a full day's wear.

forgive my ingnorance and lack of searching - what's the difference between the 634SR and 634-UHR? The denim is the same, no - 21/23oz? Buttons and hardware look different, different patch, different measurements, different arcs. Anything else significant? Cheers! mpp

The S/R was the anniversary model. It has the 21/23 oz raw denim and a slightly different cut than the 634 (but then all 634 iterations are slightly different). The UHR denim was made to the specs of the SR last year as the SR was sold out. And, to add to the confusion, the UHR is still called SR in Japan, as far as i know.

I think Giles mentioned it a while ago and in the most recent lightning denim issue the SR's are featured as new model, so they might be a recent release. And the details like copper Buttons and different arcs are still used on that model.

Edited by Max Power

Size 36 816DD after having them hemmed. The cuffs look sloppy and are stiff as hell, I hope they'll settle with some wear. They are super comfy and relaxed, like sweatpants (if it wasn't for the stiff material). Being onewash certainly helps to get a softer feel, but the're still rigid.
fzYVkxc.jpg
UQGFjtj.jpg
5MuHQH3.jpg
nkqoz5f.jpg
NTkxhJI.jpg
Z8HsrhB.jpg
Favorite details: the back and slash pockets and the blue thread which makes this pair so much more appealing to me than the bright contrasting threads on the 634DD.

Edited by Max Power

• 3 weeks later...