Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

thanks again guys. here are a couple shots of my 666's. about 7-8 months of everyday wear. retired for now until i can get them repaired.imagejpg1_zps9c0b0aba.jpgimagejpg2_zpse734930d.jpg

I can't stop watching those hardest core worn in jeans with incredible patina seen on them

I would love to see them in real some day!!!

Let me know in case they could be displayed for a few weeks in the Jeansmuseum of heaviest fadings some day when you're really finished with them!!!

And be really sure th never ever throwing them away!!

Otherwise let me know before!!!!

I can't stop watching those hardest core worn in jeans with incredible patina seen on them

I would love to see them in real some day!!!

Let me know in case they could be displayed for a few weeks in the Jeansmuseum of heaviest fadings some day when you're really finished with them!!!

And be really sure th never ever throwing them away!!

Otherwise let me know before!!!!

ha, thanks man. i recently took a coarse scrub brush and some dish washing detergent to them and tossed them in the washer. i was surprised to see that a lot of the grease actually came out. they're almost blue again, haha.

but yeah, i'm planning on wearing them 'til the end, or until i'm offered a $100 SE credit for em, whichever comes first.

edit: this is completely off topic, but since i'm here i'll ask; how did you change your member title to "semibored"? i can't figure out how to change mine from "post rank".

Edited by Rain Dogs

why not aiming for the "whore" instead? hrhr

ha, thanks man. i recently took a coarse scrub brush and some dish washing detergent to them and tossed them in the washer. i was surprised to see that a lot of the grease actually came out. they're almost blue again, haha.
but yeah, i'm planning on wearing them 'til the end, or until i'm offered a $100 SE credit for em, whichever comes first.

edit: this is completely off topic, but since i'm here i'll ask; how did you change your member title to "semibored"? i can't figure out how to change mine from "post rank".

These are left hand twill and can stretch a lot. Post soak mine were a 36, now they're upwards to 38 inches after a couple days. He should be fine. It'll be uncomfortable for a couple days but it should end up being fine. 

How about the thigh? How much stretch did you get?

The most shameless of plugs to flip those previously mentioned Iron Heart 301s jawns. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261624062346?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

buy them jeans so we can get the right size.

just put on a pair of 634s for the first time in several years; it's amazing how, as all of the various types of denim come and go, a worn in pair of this denim remains unique and impressive

Interesting, I was just having the same experience. Haven't worn mine for a while given the weather, but a cooler night prompted me to put them on (they're pretty well-worn after a few years), and I love them all over again. They're heavy and tough as shit, but soft and easy to wear at the same time. Thinking about picking up a pair of the 633s, if possible. To wear with the new heavy flannel, of course.

Could always consider the 555-02 - then it's just down to cut? 

For larger size waists I prefer the 555-01.  I have a pair of the 666 UHR in a size 36 and find the leg opening to be a little bulky.  I personally prefer a hem measurement in the 8.0 to 8.5 range but as most people will tell you the fit in the thigh area is most important.

You do realize the 555-02 is unsanforized right? After you get the shrink out the 555-01 and 02 are nearly identical. With the 02 actually being slightly slimmer from the knee down. Especially in the larger sizes.

Could always consider the 555-02 - then it's just down to cut? 

Exactly. And you might consider the 666-UHR as well - IMO the nicest of the IH denims. A 19 oz LHT option also exists. You might pick the one that works best for you.

BTW, the new upcoming 777 will also offer a slim tapered fit.

Edited by Max Power

Exactly. And you might consider the 666-UHR as well - IMO the nicest of the IH denims. A 19 oz LHT option also exists. You might pick the one that works best for you.

BTW, the new upcoming 777 will also offer a slim tapered fit.

Not sure that we're helping to narrow it down here, Max :-) Edited by el padre

I know! The 777 Comes in 21 oz at first. To  add another Option, Rive and Hide makes a 21oz 666 at the Moment.

You can either go by denim: I'd go 23oz (UHR), then 18 oz, then 19 oz, then 21 oz.

If your Focus is on the cut and you want the slimmest, you only have the two 555s, from which the -02 is the nicer one IMO.

Edited by Max Power

WOW ... what an amazing outcome after only 6 months. 

Anyone with the IHSH-76 in 17oz denim here??? Just tried one a week ago and could not decide on the size due to my fear of shrinkage (sleeves).

All further inofs are highly appreciated. Tried the XL for a snug fit and the XXL for a normal fit .... how will they develope, sizewise after a wash?

Theo

Never washed my XL. Wore it for 139 days. Then I sold it and bought a Large for a snug fit instead.

I hope it does not shrink to much. But it has been one washed. So I think it will be minimal.

Just got my first Iron Heart flannel at Self Edge SF today - I wear a 40 in The Flat Head and a medium in almost every single shirt self edge carries... but for some reason I needed a large in Iron Heart because it seemed to be very short in body length... did anyone else have this problem?