The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Just joined the SG club with a pair of SG5109.

Soaked them, they're hanging outside in the sun with the cat watching for squirrels.

Damn, these squirrels are crazier than Conker in his worst days. Tells me more about the expression "being nuts".

Back to the jeans, the fabric is impressive and unusual. I'll share some post soak measurements for them, s28.

Thanks to Tmadd for the help on sizing these.

15330381930_c53d393d12_z.jpg

15330383410_9e64be7aa7_n.jpg15330385060_bc542201f6_n.jpg

15517134245_da1b078eb1_z.jpg

Cheers

Edited by vgadjo

Wondering about the amount of shrinkage folks got from the 3105? Does the waist really only shrink .75"? I'd imagine a hot agitated wash would get more or is this denim pretty resilient?

I hot soaked my brand new pair ( size 36) twice and got somewhere between 0.75 - 1 inch of shrinkage in the waist.

what he said. i got an inch after a couple of hot soaks on some 3109's.

I have both the 2109's and the 3109's in a size 36 and could not get more than 0.75 in the waist.  I hot soaked both of them twice and then even through the 2109's in the dryer for a quick tumble to get them to shrink more.  From my experience with these two pairs I find Strike Gold denim does not shrink as much as other brands.  Maybe it's my pairs but that's what I found.  Love both of them and feel the 3109's stay pretty rigid for a while even after a first wash.

not everyone gets the same results. whilst the denim should typically behave the same between batches, it's normal to see variations. method of soak etc can also mean differing results but as long as you like them & they fit that's the main thing.

This beast came in the mail today. I've had my old belt for about 4 years, just a cheapie from the Navy PX when I was living in Pensacola. I bought it not expecting it to last half that long, but hey. Since then, I've had to add 2 more holes (on the good end), and was about to add a third, when I decided it was just time for a new belt.

Shitty part is I'm home sick today so I don't even have anywhere to wear it. But I'm very happy with the construction on this thing.

imagejpg1_zps5de62f23.jpg

imagejpg2_zps47d1e91e.jpg

imagejpg3_zps3ea690bb.jpg

imagejpg4_zps09ea5ffd.jpg

I'll make a proper post pretty soon, but I thought I should mention that I'm selling two SG loopwheeled items: one indigo crew neck sweatshirt (L) and one in grey (also L). 

The grey is washed and dried for shrinkage but otherwise unworn--the indigo has seen a bit of wear but is still extremely saturated with blue. PM me if you're interested because letting these go for *very* cheap. I've lost weight. 

For those interested in post soak measures of some SG 5109 in s28, here they are:

Pre (SE)             Post 45min hot soak

Waist              30.0                   29.5

Inseam           37.5                   35

Thigh              10.8                  10.2

Knee                7.0                     6.8

Leg Opening    6.7                     6.3

Rise                 9.7                      9.4

As you can tell, the majority of shrinkage occurred on the inseam. I may give them another soak or wash just in case there would be some more left elsewhere.

Cheers

I also picked up some 5109's at SENY this weekend, I didn't even intend to buy them but the texture and fit was beyond me to pass up.  Super excited to try them on, they are drying in my room right now.  I picked up size 29 with some help from Thomas.

Edited by FLDenim211

Vgadjo, did you give them any agitation when you soaked them? If you do happen to give them another soak within the next couple of days, I'd love to see the updated measurements. I had to send my 5105's back to SELA because the waist was too small. They're holding a pair of 5109's for me that have the right measurements, but the amount of shrinkage you got in the thigh has me a bit worried, I may need to size up one if they shrink that much in the thigh. Does anyone know how easily the thighs stretch with this denim?

i sized up one, the 28 was the worlds most perfect fit when I tried it on.  I just put on my 29's after a hot soak and they fit almost identical to the size 28 now. The cuffs look weird because I don't want to stain my new white shoes with the indigo.

photo1-9.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

Edited by FLDenim211

Vgadjo, did you give them any agitation when you soaked them? If you do happen to give them another soak within the next couple of days, I'd love to see the updated measurements. I had to send my 5105's back to SELA because the waist was too small. They're holding a pair of 5109's for me that have the right measurements, but the amount of shrinkage you got in the thigh has me a bit worried, I may need to size up one if they shrink that much in the thigh. Does anyone know how easily the thighs stretch with this denim?

Hey,

I also took some measurements in cm before soaking them. The one from the previous post (Pre-soak) were from SE in inches. So I'm not sure how they measure exactly but I had something slightly smaller than 10.8 to begin with. It was closer to 10.6.

I would rather say that the knees are tight for me. My pbj-005s were almost as tight when brand new (knees and thighs). Now they're perfect. I hope the SGs will behave the same.

Btw I gave them some agitation when soaking but nothing close to a washing machine. 

I tried both and they are similar but the 5XXX wins out for dragon ass, it also seems to have a darker hue than SExI14

You guys are getting me all excited. My 5109's should be hemmed and on their way to me by Wednesday. I can't wait (even though I won't be wearing them much until the HWDC2 is over).

I am in the same boat with HWDC2.  But WDC is coming up right after and with only ~5 months left and no new jeans to participate with I figured it what the hell.

I have a problem with the rise in all my jeans after having worn my Iron Hearts I like a full rise so that it is above my butt.

Anyone know anyplace in Tokyo that sells Strike Gold?

Nobody in Tokyo sells Strike Gold.