Denim Wish List

gimmegimme

My wishlist haven't changed since June...but TFH 3009 is on the top of the list :)

But I still haven't bouight a new pair of jeans..in fact my last purchase is from March '15 (Resolute 710). And I don't feel bad about that...maybe I'm cured?! At least I'm not trying to buy everything that is released :D

Oh..while being in Munich I visited the Statemtn Store and tried on a pair of Strike Gold 5105..because of the one-wash state, the small rise and tiny thigh I needed a size 38  :blink:

So I think I can drop Strike Gold from my list...or do they make a pair with roomier top block? Oh..and do they produce denim with a white/bleached weft? Or are they all colored in a way?

Strike gold is so dumb, I don't know why their cuts are so fucked up. I think the regular 1 series is a normal pair of jeans, but I don't think they have normal fits. Self edge is coming out with a classic self edge cut jean with them which is definitely a step in the right direction, but not sure about the denim color.

Buy the 3009s and enjoy :)

Mine don't really change as well. 

But i just buy or will buy some of my wish list cause i lost a lot of weight and i almost don't have a pair who fits me anymore.

Wishlist: 

Evisu 2000 n1 painted sz35

Flathead 3009 sz34

Stevenson Calistoga sz unknown

Just bought:

FullcountxSignet 1101 sz33

studio d'artisan 103xx sz32

Freewheelers 601xx 1951 (denimbro contest) sz33

Maybe in 2016 or in a few months for the wishlist.

Edited by geL-

I've always been a 1 pair at a time kinda guy but the amount of wear I can put into denim these days is severely limited so I am kinda getting more lax with owning multiple unfaded pairs. 

I have settled on this future:

Evisu 2001 No. 1

Warehouse Something

WWII Jean 

Type 1 Jacket

I have to fill the Osaka 5, which leave Evisu, Warehouse, Studio, Denime; so I want a piece from each. I am open to suggestions on how I should fulfill my collection!

Edited by Graytrain

There's actually way more but I've found as with my vintage t-shirts that at a certain point if there's too many that are just sitting in the closet not being worn, they actually cause me more stress and anxiety than they do pleasure and enjoyment :blink: So I try to keep the collection to just the absolute "must haves" or just simply the rarest and/or best. 

Kind of an eclectic wish list:

ONI 517 

Studio D'Artisan SD601-99 

Samurai S710XX 

Denime 66XX 

Sage Marcher 22oz 

PBJ XX-010 Purple Face 

• 3 months later...

Well…to complete my Osaka 5 I want a pair of SDA. And from measurements I think I might go with the SD-107 at one point.

And Flat Head is also still on the list. 3009 should be the pair. 3002 might be too slim.

So yeah:

SD-107

TFH 3009

And maybe still the

Warehouse x Evisu x Yamane

I guess my wish list would look like this:

- size correctly on a pair of Evis 2000 No.1

- get a pair of FullCount 1921 AI

- size correctly on a pair of Kapital Century denim

- get a pair or 2 of the seasonal RJB D105 LTD's that are missing in my collection

- keep looking for some of the older Samurai models

- get a pair of Strike Gold 5103

- get the new Xmas model from SDA

- keep looking some of the older Sugar Cane models

- get TFH denim jackets sized correctly

- get a Trophy Jeans in their dirt denim

- get a standard Warehouse model, but in their cotton linen mix

Nothing really urgent...

• 2 months later...

Not that I would need new pairs but those are somewhat on my mind:

- SOC 727

- FC 1101

- Eternal 883

- FH 3009

In that order, I'd like to try something different to my usual stuff. But this summer the Resolute will have to do that job.

@b_f: must feel good to take the 3009 off your list.

Edited by Max Power

My lists would be

OrSlow 105

Warehouse 800

Sugar Cane 1947

Evisu No 2

But I really only want to get one pair and live in them for then next couple of years. I don't want to own multiple pairs of slightly worn jeans.

Edited by Ciabatta

only pair i want now are a pair of vintage 40's 501xx but since i haven't got a few thousand £ spare ill have to wait for the lottery win that still eludes me 

Really beat up pairs of 40s-50s can be found on the bay for $300-400 USD, but indeed, if you're looking for more intact you'd be lucky at $1200+ depending! Although I worship my 47's (holey, patched up, faded and with paint stains), I'd love a more pristine pair with jerky tag, crispy fresh tab and arcs. Eventually,  some day (maybe on the next trip to Japan?)!

EDIT: My only eBay regret (to this day) is a pair of 501ZXX, center belt loop, that was "Buy it now" at $450 in excellent condition, albeit had a few trips through the wash. Leather tag still there, arcs and tab, however I had JUST enough funds to either buy that, or go on vacation to Inspiration LA and try my luck there. Of course, I went with Inspiration LA and the 501ZXX's were swiped up by a Japanese buyer!

As far as 'repro' goes, the only jeans I want right now are my contest Ooe's...Is it April 1st yet? In the "next 5 years" back burner: Resolute 710, Warehouse Leepro

Edited by aho

seen a few pairs on ebay but most are larger sizes . Mike Harris had an early 60's xx pair on his instagram recently , they were pretty beat but i thought it would be worth contacting him , replied petty quickly but when he did he told me that they were pretty much falling apart and since i would want to wear them i decided to give them a miss ..... but searching is half the fun i guess :) 

• 2 months later...

Not really a wishlist since I don’t need any jeans (dunno if this is a criteria though) more like a list of jeans that have my interest:

•  Studio d’Artsian D1709 ’66 model: it looks like a rather plain but good model by SDA and currently I don’t own any SDA jeans
  • TCB 505: these always come back to me because the fit reads well on paper and TCB does great products. The contest is the best proof. But I’m not the biggest fan of sanforized denim and zip fly.
  • Warehouse 1105 LTD: The fit sounds also great but the details are similar to the ones from above. The denim is unsanforized but since I already own the Banenr Denim and haven’t faded it yet, the ‘need’ is not really there.

Like mentioned above, I don't really need any jeans but there are still a couple pairs that I want to have in my collection.

-Mister Freedom Lot 64 Okinawa.

-Evisu No. 1 denim, tiger selvedge, no gulls in either the 2000 or 2001 cut.

-Studio D'Artisan, a limited model that actually fits me. The upcoming D1708 Vietnam War model interests me.

-Orslow 105, raw and from Japan so the tab is where it should be. Seemingly hard to find.

-Resolute 710.

Edited by Broark