• 4 weeks later...

since the original poster is from socal, the only place I would reccomend is OLD FOCALS in pasadena. They are just a block south from 21 choices/h&m/neo39 etc. Vintage stuff, really cool vintage stuff. Makes me wish I needed a perscription to justify buying some frames.

I second Cutler & Gross. These things last forever. Oliver peoples is cool too and some older Paul Smith ranges. Effector seems good but I haven't tried them on.

Aside from their military issues, some older ROMCO stuff is pretty nice and cheap as well.

i can't afford to spend $00s on name brand frames.. so i just pick up some sunglasses frames i like... then bring them to my optometrist, and tell them to use the frame i have and put the new lenses in them... needs to be a hard plastic frame though cuz when they melt the lenses into the frame the actual frame could melt too.

saves hella $

282757026.jpg

i like to mix and match n shit.

^yeah cuz i couldnt afford those when i wanted them...:(

and now everyone's been buying those. it's awkward to be around anyone who has the same shit on.. feels like you gotta battle or something haha

I order glasses all the time without trying them on. Eyeglasses have exact measurements and as long as you know your size you'll be fine. Now as far as how they will "look" on you... well that's a crap shoot. Most all my frames are similar so I'm pretty sure most of the time how they will look on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Clear frames with chocolate lenses.

Got these custom made at 'Old Focals' in Pasadena.

sunglass.jpg

Strange enough, I became obsessed with the shape of these glasses and wanted to find a back-up pair and came across something almost identical, Selima optique for Jack Spade. 'Mike' sunglasses, although mine were about 200$ less.

do many of you buy eyeglasses but actually dont need to since you dont have eye problems?

I really don't understand people who wear clear glasses when they don't need them... I hate wearing glasses... they're annoyingly uncomfortable... I try to avoid them for so many years now... but my eyes got a bit worse in recent years so now I have to wear them cause I can't wear contacts... :(

• 2 weeks later...