For those about to Rock! in Tokyo!

Baddesigner

hey, been in the tokyo for a month now, just getting to know the place and spend some time with my girl but are both feeling like we are missing something, HARDCORE ROCK AND ROLL!

we're both into hardcore, emo, metal and the likes, but all we've seen is the snotty punk scene. does anyone know any rock venues? where do all the hardcore kids hang out? anyone else fancy getting together for a beers/straightedge night of rock?

matt|baddesigner

• 2 weeks later...

hey what are you doing there? did you find work? was it hard? is it a design job?

I've been to tokyo three times, and live shows don't seem to exist as far as i found.

drinking, dancing to techno at air. but the barpartment in nakamegro was my fav

next to The Who Bar.

Don't know if hanging out with japanese mod bartenders and rocking out on there 12" mic is your thing.

it really is a mic, no seriously, it's in the section of 100 bars in shinjuku. trust me roll in around 4 am

they'll be nice and saucy and the music will be loud as fuck. don't roll deep no bar there holds more than 6 people.

cheers

• 1 month later...

gah. its been well rough living in tokyo. so many ups and downs. ups- found some good venues and made some good friends, (thanks for your posts also)

the biggest down is not being able to find any work with the locals, have had to keep up working via email for uk clients. i guess i just didn't realise that japan was so homogenous. still trying though. going to go catch fall out boy and the evens in shibuya if anyone wants to hook up?

matt|baddesigner

Quote:

gah. its been well rough living in tokyo. so many ups and downs. ups- found some good venues and made some good friends, (thanks for your posts also)

the biggest down is not being able to find any work with the locals, have had to keep up working via email for uk clients. i guess i just didn't realise that japan was so homogenous. still trying though. going to go catch fall out boy and the evens in shibuya if anyone wants to hook up?

--- Original message by Baddesigner on Sep 2, 2005 05:28 AM

is your gf japanese? yeah i was in japan last year for a little dj tour. it was a lot of fun wish i had more money to spend. cause they got some crazy items. where are you staying at the moment? its so expensive to live out there.

• 2 weeks later...

hey - i can totally hear you on the living in tokyo thing. i've been here now nearly seven months and i've decided to cut contract and go back in january versus march/feb...then again, i teach english and that sucks worse than any other job a foreigner can get here (at least it seems like it)...what else are youd oing here and, yes, where are you located?

oh yeah another down is all the money i spend. i have raised the bar on my credit card a few more notches than i should have but it's hard to get away from all the consumerism here. it is nuts!

www.sugarboots.com