Headphones? Headphones? Headphones?

Guest freedomfighter

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sony mdr-ex71 if you want in-ear. they pretty decent and should be cheap since it's now an old model, i believe.

These are very good in-ear headphones. I had a few pairs before a dog chewed them up.

The Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's are a great set of sealed back headphones, which run about $80-90. If you want open back, the Grado SR 60's can't be beat, and are around $69.00

For in-ear, spend the extra money and get one of the high end pairs. I have a pair of the Ultimate Ears Super.fi pro 5's and they are amazing. I had a few pairs of Sony EX71's before I splurged for the UE's and there's no comparison between the two.

If you travel a lot they are well worth the investment. You can hear the music beautifully and block out all the background noise at the same time.

For in-ear, spend the extra money and get one of the high end pairs. I have a pair of the Ultimate Ears Super.fi pro 5's and they are amazing. I had a few pairs of Sony EX71's before I splurged for the UE's and there's no comparison between the two.

If you travel a lot they are well worth the investment. You can hear the music beautifully and block out all the background noise at the same time.

Word. I had to replace some old Sony cans this spring, tried everything under the sun, and ended up with the pro 5's. Spendy, but I use them everyday, so-

LOL @ Orpheus.

I use AKG K81DJs, I think they fit the bill for what you're looking for. They're about 60 bucks or lower, and they have CRUSHY supra-aural padding. Crushy like, headcrab tight crushy.

Ipod: Sennheiser MX400 Earphones

seconded. those are prolly the best sounding cheapo earbuds out there. Also look into the Koss KSC-35 earphones for cheap portable use. NEVER buy bose anything; BOSE = buy other sound equipment. I recommend Audio Technica ATH-A900's if you wanna step it up a notch. These require no amp to sound good and are super comfy, alot more so than the grados.

Go here for everything headphone related:

head-fi.org

technics

pioneer

sony

i have all 3 and like them equally. i use them for dj'ing. i think i would get a pair of bose noise cancelling for just listening.