Backpacks

ag229487

Is there a site where I can online purchase Gregory day-packs? Rakuten and others welcomed.

yes there is. It is:

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/aandfshop/gregory.html

The retro shit is here:

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/aandfshop/gregory-d.html

See a few HK/JP tourists in London with the day and a half pack. They look good, the straps padded, but the material (cordura) looks a bit thin. I think the ballistic nylon version looks better.

I have a duffle in timber. Is good, but its not lined, it literally is just the cordura, was expecting it to be lined tbh.

Moving on, is a Porter backpack worth dropping 38,000 Yen on?

Or would it be better to invest in a Visvim?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

yes, i'm aware of their whole 'flag' story, but that shit really only makes sense worn on the right shoulder of a combat uniform (in which the stars are actually facing-forward)

other recs?

epperson mountaineering packs look good, though i've never handled these

altadena works packs have dope leather accents

if you really wanted a really steezy one that trumps over all of the normal "made of cordura" bags, i would go for the white mountaineering bags (which are made by porter)

or visvim, supreme, whatever. some mil surplus bags too if you don't mind the huge sizes

How do Altadena Works packs rate? And how they hold up in foul weather?

Looking to get a Teardrop in Navy & Acorn

On miltary surplus, here's the spear series from gregory japan:

20100331204742.jpg

Or I can sell you my Singapore Armed Forces rucksack (never used since I got transferred to the fire service) for $50 shipped haha:

small%20molle%20x%203.JPG

Btw, are backpacks cool with suits? What's good for a laptop bag to the office?

backpacks are rarely "cool" with suits

mostly appropriate for schoolkids, travellers, streetwear bros, rappers, drug dealers

i would never bring a backpack into the office; one of those black laptop bag/case things with extra pockets are more appropriate

how much are you willing to spend on a laptop case? what kind of style?

Backpacks clash with suits. Something just doesn't add up. Not to say that successful people never wear backpacks, but real suit wearing professionals don't wear backpacks (unless it has a big investment bank logo prominently sewn onto it).

Get a briefcase or a messenger, and get it in black, navy, charcoal, etc. Beware of undersized man-purse messengers (i.e. smaller jack spade laptop bags). Certain technical outerwear brand messengers and briefcases can work with suits too.