3 replies to this topic

#1 winnie

winnie

bored

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • joined 24 november 04

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:02 PM

I'm going there for a few weeks at the end of August. Anyone have recommendations of cool neighborhoods to stay in, things to do, places to shop?

#2 champagne_bubblebath

champagne_bubblebath

superbored

• Pip
  • 296 posts
  • joined 29 june 05

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:49 PM

yo, I'll be in BA from Aug. 10-25. We're staying in Palermo Viejo, so called SOHO of South America, clean and safe.

#3 atari teenage

atari teenage

bored

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • joined 09 july 05

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:13 AM

stay in or near palermo viejo. there are about a million cool bars, restaurants, and shops around there. not sure of your budget but there's a place called malabia house that is nice for around 60 USD/night depending on the room. las canitas is also cool and has a bunch of good bars and restaurants. check out soul cafe and the soul bar next door, la corte, or the argentinian "country" restaurant on a corner whose name escapes me..

check out www.buenosaliens.com for club info-- some cool spots were club 69 on thursdays at niceto club, 160+ on tuesdays if you like drum n bass, congo bar on friday is also good. the site usually has the most up to date info on parties, and there are a lot of them!

there's also a really after hours place i went to in a basement if you're the late night/early morning type called kim + novak in PV.

#4 winnie

winnie

bored

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • joined 24 november 04

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:42 PM

thanks so much for your suggestions!