Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 4 weeks later...

dalai lama riding a scooter? pics plz

Here it is!

IMG_0838.jpg

I've been wearing my Century Denim a lot recently. They are the straight cut and did not shrink as much as I expected. I've been thinking of tapering them just a little. Has anyone done that?

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

• 1 month later...

This brand should not be on 2nd page....

iVNVERGweMfMi.JPG

Faded sashiko thread on the century denim.

Literally the pair that is stopping me from entering dwc, just cannot stop wearing it!

Edited by redragon

• 1 month later...

oh, my heart aches.

size 30 cisco century denim = leg opening and thighs were good but waist too small. size 32 waist fits but everything else is now too big.

size 32 stone century denim = everything too small. super tempted to try out a size 34 or 36 but not holding my breath.

why, kapital, why. ;-; really jealous of people who could rock their cuts. the century denim is fantastic.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^ thats gonna look really neat once it looks worn in

This has probably been asked before but does anyone know where to get a good amount of kakishibu dye in the US? Looking to do a coating on my one year old pair of century denim

Can anyone help me with sizing for the Kapital Stone Century denim?  Every online resource has a radically different size profile.  I have to choose between a 34 and a 36, and I'm buying online as there's no brick and mortar dealer in my city.  My goal is to get a pair that is close to a 34" waist post-stretch (no less than 33") with a 12" thigh.

For waist and thigh measures on the size 34 I can find the following:

Blue in Green:

34, 12

Hickoree's:

34, 10.5

Blue Button Shop:

31.9, not measured

Union Made:

32, 11

What makes this even more complicated is that different websites say that they are sanforized or unsanforized; some websites say "sanforized, minimal shrink" but Blue in Green says "manufacturer expects 1" waist shrinkage."

How the hell do I size these things when all of the measurements are so variable?  Is Kapital just super inconsistent, such that lot-to-lot variations are up to two inches in the waist?

My concern is that I'm wearing size 36 Onis right now which started at a 34.25" waist (one wash) and have stretched to just over 36".  They fit just looser than I want.  I want the Kapitals to fit tighter than that, but it seems like a 34 is too small and a 36 is too big.  I seem to have 4 options:  get a 36 and hope that I can shrink them an inch (would take them to roughly 34" according to many size charts), get a 36 and use the cinch back to tighten them up, get a 36 and have a tailor alter them in the waist, or get a 34 and hope that they stretch.  What would you do?

The Century Denim is unsanforized, but because of how Kapital orient the denim when the construct the jeans, it will have minimal shrink on the waist (like sanforized denim) but it will shrink considerably at the inseam. 

Unfortunately, I don't have experience on the Stone....cannot help you there sorry.

If I were you, I would e-mail one or all of the store you list there to re-confirm the measurement, there is a chance that they all have different way of measuring the jeans also.

Thanks reddragon for your reply.  Do you think that a 1" shrink is a reasonable waist expectation then (which is about 3% in this size)?

If that's the case, then it's really the BiG measurements that are the outlier.  Hickorees and Blue Button list the size 36 waist as 35" and 34.6" respectively, subtracting an inch puts both of them into my target size range.  I can wear a tight belt to minimize stretch.

Knowing that they are unsanforized actually helps a great deal, as they'll shrink a bit.  Going down on a 36 will be wearable, but going down on a 34 which might be as small as 31.9" to begin with (and then subtracting an inch) I literally won't be able to put them on.  If they'll shrink a touch, then I think I clearly need a 36.

Been there, done that. I reallllly want a century denim jean but I realized the fit just isn't for me.

I don't think the stone cut is gonna work out for you if you're going for that thigh. The cisco cut which is much fuller than the stone and to quote hoggreaser:

Measurements on the Kapital Cisco in size 34 before I start wearing them!

Waist: 17" across (waistband aligned front and back)

Front rise: 10.5" (crotch seam to top of waistband above button)

Back rise: 14" (crotch seam - from rear - to top of waistband)

Thigh: 11.75" (crotch seam to outer edge beyond outer seam - e.g. full fabric width)

Knee: 9.25" (at 13" down from crotch seam)

Hem: 8.25"

Inseam: 33.25"

If you still insist though I would size up to the 36 and go from there. You could always return them too. Buy it from unionmade their customer service is good enough it won't be a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...