Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

• 2 weeks later...

I sized up one from my APC size on the 5P Stones and the fit was pretty spot on (went from a 33 to a 34 incidentally). But there was a little issue with the inseam stitching (see above) so they went back. Should have kept them because the pair I ordered from Rakuten fit a little smaller. Like maybe half a size or so. Seems like there's some variance from pair to pair, which seems natural. It's a shame tho because the cut on them is awesome. I can't seem to find anything like them. Anyway, and apologies in advance for the plug, they're up for sale if anyone is interested. Send me a pm since I'd rather not crap the thread up with classified links.

Edited by dotcomzzz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this beautiful denim from my (not so recent) trip to Japan. :)

inFreWDlH4n8b.JPG

Just got the chance to soak + test fit it.

I got it in Cisco cut

ibaUGjs2P6mvFP.JPG

i1B72kux9xeJM.JPGHey

Can you tell me if they shrunk at all when you soaked them? What temperature was the water? I bought a pair in charcoal and wore them about 3 times without soaking and am pretty disappointed that they stretched about an inch in the waist. What's your experience like? Thanks. 

^

From what I remember (memory might be failing me) it does shrink but not much (~1 inch), does not stretch out much also. Temperature of the water ~40 celscius.

I do wear belt with the jeans so it does not stretch much more then the original waist size.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about purchasing my first pair of Kapital jeans; either the Cisco or the TH 5 Pocket.

Are the Cisco a skinnier cut than the TH? I want something that is not to slim fitting.

Do the TH come up small on the waist? I am reading measurements on Blue and Green and a 34 TH measures 32 across the waist?

Thanks.

I am thinking about purchasing my first pair of Kapital jeans; either the Cisco or the TH 5 Pocket.

Are the Cisco a skinnier cut than the TH? I want something that is not to slim fitting.

Do the TH come up small on the waist? I am reading measurements on Blue and Green and a 34 TH measures 32 across the waist?

Thanks.

I recently bought a pair of Ciscos in size 36 for a good price. I usually were size 34 (Warehouse, Fullcount) but I'm happy I sized up. They are not very slim fitting on me, a bit of room in the waist and thighs. The rise is fairly low though so if you're sensitive of that it might not be what you're looking for. Here's a crappy fit pic that may or may not help:

AE63FECF-3456-4B68-8411-C04E0843AC75_zps

I recently bought (or what I ordered) was the TH from Bureau Belfast. They sent me the Cisco and it measured 2 inches smaller than the posted measurements on their website. I assume they just posted the tag size and assumed it measured that without actually measuring the jeans. They're going back and my postage both ways is being refunded so pretty good response. As opposed to Rising Sun who actually make their own jeans, get the measurements wrong AND advise you to size down thus compounding the error then 3 days later haven't bothered to afford me the courtesy of a reply of acknowledgement to my email. Not impressed.

I believe I recall Jon saying that Kapital's jeans are tagged per their pre-shunk measurements.  Then, they are shrunk at the factory.  So, it's basically the opposite of vanity-sized.  Not sure why they do this, but I think it's the case.  Size up!

thanks for your replies.

Blue in Green measure the Cisco 5P as true to size - a 34 measures 34. the leg opening is only 8.25" so quite tapered.

On the TH 5P a 34 measures 32". A 36 measure 33.5" with a leg opening of 9" - they look a straighter fit so they would be the ones I would go for.

How do you like the denim, the pictures look very similar to Sugar Cane and they are made from the same cotton as SC - Zimbabwe Cotton! Even the buttons are rusty - just like the Canes!