Best places in Greece

tani

If you can, go to an island, as the mainland is really hot in the summer.

If you're looking for a place to party constantly, then Mykonos is the place to go. Great clubs, good djs regularly, and people getting wasted from noon til noon, then noon again!

If you want somewhere that's just beautiful, then my favorite place is and island called Santorini. It's very pituresque, but still has some good clubsand bars.

Basically, most islands are very nice, and it's hard to go wrong.

If you're wanting islands with lots of tourists, then Zakynthos (Xanti), Crete, Corfu, etc...

You get to most of the islands from Pireaus harbour in Athens.

If you stay in Athens, then there's all the obvious sightseeing to do, which you will see right in front of your eyes, so I won't go into detail.

There's cool clubs on the beachfront like Venue and Plus Soda which have many big-name djs over the summer. There's also an area called Monastiraki, where there's some nice bars.

I spend most of my summers in a town called Loutraki, which is where a lot of people from Athens spend their weekends over summer. It's an hour from Athens, and easy to get to by bus. It has lots of nice bars along the beach, and a bar called Kenzo just off the beachfront. This is my favorite bar, and has great people and lots of different types of music. It's also very friendly. There's A club called Cocoon and one called Hype (changes it's name every year though, so not sure this year) which are worth going to. I try to avoid these places, but that's probably cos i've been too much, and I don't like the people that go there. They're still good clubs if you like cheesy stuff. The best thing about Loutraki however is that it's next to the Corinth canal, an ancient canal in which you can bungi jump off a bridge. I think it's 78 meters, and there's vertical walls on either side of you, so it's pretty amazing.

You can also take some nice day trips from here, but as this post is now very long, check out www.city-of-loutraki.gr for more info.

I'll leave it there, though I could go on!

Hope this is of help,

Alex.