porky's

fadeaway

Plus proxy, plus shipping. For me the shipping's the same for cheaper jeans as expensive jeans. I try to get more bang for my buck when I buy from Japan (cause EMS ain't cheap). Those Real McCoys look really good. Probably going to wait until Selfedge gets them in, then I can get proper sizing measurements and free shipping. Probably cop a pair of those if the new SExSC doesn't agree with my massive legs.

Plus proxy, plus shipping. For me the shipping's the same for cheaper jeans as expensive jeans. I try to get more bang for my buck when I buy from Japan (cause EMS ain't cheap). Those Real McCoys look really good. Probably going to wait until Selfedge gets them in, then I can get proper sizing measurements and free shipping. Probably cop a pair of those if the new SExSC doesn't agree with my massive legs.

Yeah shipping was 2800 yen which is about 22 or 23 USD. I found these because I kept looking for the Flat Head 3008 which is also a 66 cut. They seem to be sold out and not to be remade with the arcs. This seemed like the next best thing. I also wanted to try something new.

• 5 years later...

So as I've been requested measurements for my 66's and been given a lovely link to an actual thread here they are for size 33's. These have been bought one wash and washed again to get out as much shrinkage as possible. I had these hemmed before being dispatched.

Waist 17in

Front Rise 11in

Back Rise 14.5in

Upper Thigh 12in

Knee 9.25in

Leg opening 8in

Inseam 33in

Pics to follow

Yeah, I just checked that and as the first reduction starts at 88cm, an inseam of 36" seems likely. But, am I right, the 66 features 14,5 oz denim whereas the XX 15 oz (that's the one I fell in love with in the denim buyers guide)? Is that the only reason why the 66 is that much cheaper than the 66? The XX is much shorter and that's why I always marked Porky's as "not doable" in the back of my head.

Edited by Max Power

On the unknown japanese brands thread someone went through the construction details of the 66 and the reasons why they were cheaper.

I've only had these jeans on 30 mins and I'm already thinking about cheating on my Resolutes. Damn you Hoggreaser

• 2 years later...

nah the 66 has a different denim.

actually I might be interested to sell my size 34 and switch for a 36, should anyone be interested. inseam lenght around 30 inches, lovely dual tone chainstitch hem done by the Porky's guys in Kyoto. still almost new, they had probably 10/15 wears.

Edited by volvo240thebest

I know the shorter inseam kills a lot of possibilities!

I could live with those 34 66's. they're perfect at waist, fine at thigh but somewhat constricting at balls area though!

probably a 36 wouldn't be such a good fit overall but these days I think that comfort comes first...