Hair Thread

qom

Just read that article on how to make sea salt spray. Might try that out soon, I've been using Mousse lately but it leaves my hair looking a lil too crunchy. I just wish my hair was less curly and more wavy. Depending if I go home this weekend, might see about having my hair trimmed up. I will probably just keep the length up top and have the sides trimmed down a bit.

Edited by kelleydenham

been using these guys and can't recommend them enough:

Davines Salt Spray (little pricey but great)

21%2BkUTz0qVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and

suavecito-top-label.jpg

This is the tits. And it's cheap ($10) smells amazing, great hold, washes out. I'd expect it to cost 2-3x as much. Nooch!

I rock the typical short on the sides, combed up and over-type steeze...

i actually haven't done the apple cider vinegar conditioner, but my ratio for the baking soda is the standard one, 1 tbsp baking soda : 1 cup water

and it works for all hair types, just give it time to return the balance of your scalp to normal. the first few weeks it will seem really weird, and you might think you still need to shampoo after, but you don't.

i've been doing it for maybe 2 months now and my hair is in the best shape its ever been. except i need a cut

Hey, I have a question about the no poo method. I did it last winter, and I mixed one tablespoon of baking soda to 1 tablespoon of water, but after having it in the shower for 2-3 weeks the mixture got really cold. so would you guys recommend doing it in smaller batches, or mixing it up every time you shampoo, (which is what, once a week?) ... or manning up?

Hey, I have a question about the no poo method. I did it last winter, and I mixed one tablespoon of baking soda to 1 tablespoon of water, but after having it in the shower for 2-3 weeks the mixture got really cold. so would you guys recommend doing it in smaller batches, or mixing it up every time you shampoo, (which is what, once a week?) ... or manning up?

i just do 1 cup hot water to 1 tablespoon baking soda, and mix it every time. if you keep it in a sealed tub of baking soda in your bathroom with a plastic measuring cup and spoon it only takes 10 seconds to mix it.

i've never tried the 1 tbsp to 1tsbp method, i've heard its like a paste?

the main thing that's hard about the no poo is getting used to the fact that it won't seem like its doing anything for the first little while. give it 2-3 weeks at least to get your scalp making the correct amount of oil again.

^ oh, ya, sorry thats what i meant. but thank you. ya when i did it last i stopped because i got dandruff, so it might of been that my scalp was purging or something. i cant really remember how long i did it for though probably around a month. i shave my head know so it will probably be less noticeable.

might have been that the mixture was too thick and was harsh on your scalp, too. i use the 1 cup to 1 tbsp ratio and its fine, i have a fairly sensitive scalp too(used to get psoriasis on my scalp sometimes ha)

Edited by e0d9n0b5

Ok so I tried the apple cider vinegar conditioner (1-1 Ratio, 1 cup of water to 1 cup of Apple Cidar Vinegar), and let me tell you, this thing works wonders.

I think you can see and feel the results within your first trial. I'm asian and I have that asian dry frizzy hair thing. Usually what I do to fix this is that after I take a shower I would put on a cap to kind of settle things out, put the hair in check, flatten it, and make it smoother.

But with the apple cidar vinegar, it kinda does that for me. Instantly after my hair dried, I didn't have that dry frizzy fro hair thing going on. The hair was settled, it felt smooth to the touch, and was good to walk out without wearing a cap.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...