Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Denimio were awesome. Great customer service, sent my replacement pair before i'd even mailed the original pair back. not sure if they offer a hemming service, but my 1109xx shrank 2 inches after a 40c hand wash.

Thanks for the info, and that's a great fit! Pretty much what I'm after.

As I mentioned a couple of pages back, I recently received a pair of size 34 0105's and 1101's from BiG.  Given concern that the 0105 may be too big, I started with the 1101 and hot/warm soaked them for 50 minutes, followed by a line dry.  They look and feel great.  If anything, they're a still a touch roomy, but tapered in the right places and comfortable.  Here are the pre and post-soak measurements, along with the pre-soak measurements of the 0105:

1101                     0105

Pre-soak  After soak      Pre-soak

Waist               36.5"          36.0"          36.5"

Front Rise       12.5"          12.0"          12.5"

Back Rise        16.5"          16.25"        17.5"

Upper Thigh    13.75"        13.0"          14.0"

Knee                 9.75"         9.5"           10.45"

Leg Opening     8.9"          8.75"            9.5"

As you can see, the 1101's haven't shrunk much yet -- 0.5" max.  How much more will they shrink if I warm or hot wash and line dry them a few times?  I ask not because I'm concerned about the 1101's but because I'm trying to figure out if I should keep the 0105 or send them back for a size 33.  Setterman comments earlier that a 33 may be the way to go.

1101 is a really nice cut, by the way -- nice blend of comfort and taper.  Funny how I'm a 36 in the 1108XX, a 34 in the 1101, and possibly a 33 in the 0105.  One of the things I'm learning is that the fit in the waist is a function not only of the waist measurement but of where the pants sit and how they're cut.

Thanks.

John

they will shrink to 35 or 34.5 on waist if you do dryer. and strtch abck out i usually soak them twice on hot water for 40 mins each time woth aggitation and dry on the sun

With a wash (don't need to use dryer) they will shrink to tagged (or a little below) at waist.

Forgive the basic question setterman, but if the tagged size is 34 and the raw measurement is 36.5", you're saying that they'll shrink to approximately 34" in the waist?  That would be fine, but (if so) they have a ways to go!  I realize there will also be some stretching along the way after wearing them a bit.

John

They will shrink down to 33.5 to 34", and easily stretch back out to 36.5". You're probably going to want a jean that's starts with a raw measurement of 35".

Thanks setterman.  Interesting how much this 13.75 oz. Zimbabwe denim will shrink and then stretch back (i.e., 2.5 to 3.0 inches of shrinkage, then about the same amount in stretching).

Sort of reminds me of a response I got from Giles of Iron Heart a while back when I asked a similar question and he said something like, Yes they'll shrink but the waist will stretch back to about where it was when raw.

John

Thanks regedit, I'm such a birdbrain as I've already read that article twice before! There are still similarities though in both the denim and details. I know that Collect is a vertically-integrated production facility, so perhaps they sew for Full Count?

I have a general question about FC's sizing philosophy; Ed you've probably got better insight here than anyone at this point.  Do the folks at FC actually advise to size down due to their stretchy denim and larger waists, or have they gone with the sizing scheme that best reflects the image they're going for, assuming the wearer goes true-to-size?

s-town tey always want people to FIT their jeans . fc offers one wash version of their regular jeans. and its understandable that zimbabwe cotton stretched alot like momotaros vintage label. fucking stretch alot alot alot

I took some shots of my Fullcount 1101 while back in Olde England. The jeans are approaching ten months of frequent wear. They usually look a little darker than these photos indicate, but the shots are straight from my phone to you and better than a poke in the eye!

14995883002_ae431d7fe2_z.jpg

14809562849_18e834c8a7_z.jpg

14996247315_3de84581d6_z.jpg

14809564659_b06b20772c_z.jpg

14809606640_c464a70748_z.jpg

14809603690_c0b668a886_z.jpg

14995878482_a543cb7cbd_z.jpg

Here is a picture of the Fullcount 0105 in size 34 raw/unwashed.  What are your thoughts regarding fit and whether I should size down to a 33?  As you know, the 0105 has a roomy fit, just about everywhere.  I was thinking they're too big but now I'm not sure.  The raw waist is comfortable if a bit loose.  Given the air flow through the top block I could probably father another 20 children, even at age 59.  I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

This 0105 pair has the same 13.75 oz. Zimbabwe cotton denim as my pair of Fullcount 1101's, which I like.  Both started out with a 36.5" waist and the 1101's are now measuring 36.0" after a hot soak, warm machine wash, and line dry -- less shrinkage than I expected.  It's also a stretchy denim, as many of you have mentioned.

Bottom line -- is the 0105 too big and baggy?  Size down?  Soak 'em?  Return and stick with the 1101?  ;-)

Thanks.

John

IMG_1126.jpg