Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Depends on the fit you want, but you could probably wear the 35.  

Having had the standard 0105 and the heavier BiG 0105C, I think I'd go for the heavier denim with any future purchases.  Both denims soften up quite a bit with some washes, almost too much for my liking with the standard denim.  The heavier denim stays closer to what you'd expect in a pair of jeans.    

Depends on the fit you want, but you could probably wear the 35.  

Having had the standard 0105 and the heavier BiG 0105C, I think I'd go for the heavier denim with any future purchases.  Both denims soften up quite a bit with some washes, almost too much for my liking with the standard denim.  The heavier denim stays closer to what you'd expect in a pair of jeans.    

thanks ! is the XX version a bit bigger in the waist btw?

As far as I know, the only difference is with the weight.  Patterns are the same. My 0105s are a 36.  Not sure I'd want them any smaller post wash, but they get pretty baggy after a few wears, and make me wonder if I should go with a 35 if I get another pair.  

hi guys, im considering to buy a pair of 0105. i wonder if there is any major difference between the XX and normal version apart from the weight. and i wear 36 for most jeans (~90 cm in the waist using BiG method), shall i get a pair of 35 (one-washed version) in this case? Cheers :)

Great choice- the 0105 is such a great cut along with the 1101. In my opinion I'd go with the 0105XX- it's such a lovely denim and really does age like a 50's Levi's. I'm a 32 in most jeans but definite 31 in Fullcount. I've got a number of pairs in both denims and because my 0105XX are the most worn in so far, my initial opinion is that I prefer the XX denim over the standard. Still, once I've worn all the pairs in both weights I'll give my opinion- which on current calculation will be in 12 year's time! 

As far as I know, the only difference is with the weight.  Patterns are the same. My 0105s are a 36.  Not sure I'd want them any smaller post wash, but they get pretty baggy after a few wears, and make me wonder if I should go with a 35 if I get another pair.  

thx for the tip! do you suggest me to downsize to 34 (around 88cm in the waist) for the one wash version? since full count denim is quite stretchy...

Hello all thinking about a pair of FC in the standard 13 oz.

Can anyone provide a link for a basic breakdown of cuts. I like comfortable with a longer rise but I'm skinny...so it's a tough balance between comfortable and too loose like a scarecrow.

Thanks

I reckon the 1108 might be a good one for you- nice rise and a straight fit and the great thing about Fullcount denim is it's comfortable straight away. As long as you size correctly (always size one down) then none of the cuts will make you look like a scarecrow! 0105 is a nice straight 50's cut, 1101 same kind of cut but with a taper so more like a 60's cut, and 1110 is a slim tapered too. Here's a link to Fullcount online- compare the measurements of each model (there's a useful line up of fit pics of each model too) and you'll get a sense of how the cuts differ but the great thing is that the models aren't drastic in their differences in my opinion. 

http://www.fullcount-online.com/ext/basic.html

Hope that helps!

Edited by EdwardBear

I'm still waiting for my 1101 to stretch as much as everybody experienced. They fit ok now, almost comfortable but so far havent stretched more than usual. Also I decided that these will now go into the rotation, together with the Resolute and probably a pair with  heavier denim when it gets really cold.

• 3 weeks later...